• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Orientation camp.

DanS.

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

Could someone explain to me what orientation camp is please?

Thank you.

There is a type of "orientation camp" for ROTP for those at RMC but I think its officially named IAP

CEEBEE501 said:
There is a type of "orientation camp" for ROTP for those at RMC but I think its officially named IAP

IAP is for all officers ( not just the RMC types) and is hardly an "orientation camp".

Yrys said:
Where did you read/hear that ?

Hello,

I am doing my BMQ this July and I recieved an email today saying that I would be going to an orientation camp. Crossed wires somewhere I think. :)

CDN Aviator said:
IAP is for all officers ( not just the RMC types) and is hardly an "orientation camp".

Oh yah, whoops, I was thinking about the first month at RMC for those attending it but for got the name wrong,

Indoctrination period perhaps?  Which course are you going on? (I mean what date)

DanS. said:
Hello,

Could someone explain to me what orientation camp is please?

Thank you.

There is an ROTP civilian university orientation camp running in the St Jean Campus this August, roughly 9-25 Aug.  More info here http://www.cmrsj-rmcsj.forces.gc.ca/deo-ocd/ir-ji/irc-jic-eng.asp

MJP said:
There is an ROTP civilian university orientation camp running in the St Jean Campus this August, roughly 9-25 Aug.  More info here http://www.cmrsj-rmcsj.forces.gc.ca/deo-ocd/ir-ji/irc-jic-eng.asp

My forms say RMC Kingston for civi U students  ???

Bonfires, marshmallows and campfire songs.  :piper:

Seriously though from what I've heard from the recruiting center it's just enough time to show you how to wear the uniform, do some admin work, some PT, some classes on how things work in the CF, drill, etc.

It's hard to say. It's two weeks.

CEEBEE501 said:

No, IAP is/was the first 9 weeks of officer basic. I'm not even sure "IAP" still exists anymore.

Thanks for the replies all! I guess I wont know until I am there.  ;)

CEEBEE501 said:
My forms say RMC Kingston for civi U students  ???

There may very well be run in more than one place, I don't know.  I will be at the St. Jean one as staff/support, so I know it is being run there for sure ;)

I have no idea if anyone is going to pay attention to this post, but here it goes anyway.

I was wondering if there were any staff of the 10-22 Aug 09 course for civi U on here, or just people who actually know what they're talking about.

For whatever reason, as my first year in ROTP, I have been told I have to go to this "intro to the military" course, even though I just recently completed my naval reserve BMOQ course earlier this month, which has been deemed equivalent...so my course is transferring and I will not have to do basic again, however they have found it necessary for me to attend a "intro" course lol...

that was just me ranting because I wish I didn't have to waste my time learning the stuff I just learned a month ago again...on to my question. I cannot find anyone who actually knows this, but I have family in the area, and I'm wondering if this was going to be a strict course, or will I be able to get leave and go into the city on the weekends? The outline of the course only lists timings for Monday - Friday, so I'm hoping that I can get off on the weekends. If anyone knows, please let me know

THANKS

On most courses, you are able to go on leave on the weekends.

i know that, i'm just worried because this is supposed to be a sort of "pre basic/military life" course...so I'm wondering if they will come down hard like in real basic about that stuff

I can tell you right now that the schedule is tight and there is no time off on the weekend.  If you have done BOMQ already when you do your stuff at your ASU this upcoming week make sure you tell your ULO.  There is scope for you to not have to take this course as it really is just a brief intro to the military.

Which one are you attending?  The RMC St Jean or Kingston one?

I actually did contact my ULO already, and wrote a memo requesting it off, and Borden replied that even though I have completed BMOQ, this mini camp could still be beneficial to my training...so it sounds like I just ran into some bad luck

Back