• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Online Application

Reaction score
Just a quick question, if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.

A while back I went through and filled out an online application which I submitted. However, I have not followed up with the supporting documents and I put the application on the back burner for various reasons.

I recently was on the forces website and notice that the trade that I would like to enter into has now opened up, this is the first time I've seen it  open in two years. On my original application, I selected this trade but not as my primary option as it was not available at the time. I was wondering if it would be worth re-submitting a fresh application with that particular trade as my primary choice and then send in my supporting documents with that application.

Does that first application I filled out get disregarded after a certain period of time without sending in the supporting documents? I filled it out online back in June. Could I simply open up a new account under another email and fill out a new application?

Any heads up on this would be appreciated.

Thinkingofenlisting said:

Does that first application I filled out get disregarded after a certain period of time without sending in the supporting documents? I filled it out online back in June. Could I simply open up a new account under another email and fill out a new application?

Even though you did not submit your supporting documentation your original application will still be kept on file.

I applied initially in 2006 and did not submit supporting paperwork. When I reapplied in 2011, the information combined in both applications was still reviewed.

Thinkingofenlisting said:
Just a quick question, if anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.

A while back I went through and filled out an online application which I submitted. However, I have not followed up with the supporting documents and I put the application on the back burner for various reasons.

I recently was on the forces website and notice that the trade that I would like to enter into has now opened up, this is the first time I've seen it  open in two years. On my original application, I selected this trade but not as my primary option as it was not available at the time. I was wondering if it would be worth re-submitting a fresh application with that particular trade as my primary choice and then send in my supporting documents with that application.

Thinkingofenlsiting,

you can easily call to ask them to re-arrange your trade choices.

Best of luck,

-Brandonfw

Just to add, I'm no expert but as long as the trade you wanted was one of the three you previously chose. They should look at it the same as if it was your first choice.

You can email and ask for an update on your current application or just submit a new online application.  Either way, you won't get a response until after the holidays.

Thanks for all the info. I just simple sent in another online application, it asks during that process whether or not you have an existing application with the CF and I clicked yes, so that answers that. Thanks again for the replies.

Back