• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Occupation help

ngmike92

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm majoring in either agriculture or food nutrition and health, which occupation in the forces suit my field of study the most.

Note: food nutrition and health does not equal dietetics I won't be a certified dietician.

NCM: cook

Offr: LogO... with career focus in Foods. You might not end up there though as LogOs tend to be heavy on the supply and finance side.

thanks but,  I really want to be a med tech preference officer, am I allowed to apply with the majors I'm currently pursuing.

ngmike92 said:
thanks but,  I really want to be a med tech preference officer,

Med Techs are not officers.

Why did you ask what trade what be suitable if you already knew which one interests you ?

The CF recruiting website lists the following officer occupations in health-related fields :

Bioscience Officer

Dental Officer

Health Care Administration Officer

Medical Officer

Nursing Officer

Pharmacy Officer

Physiotherapy Officer

Social Work Officer

Now that we have a little more to go on, I'd say Health Care Administration. There's little call for agriculture or food nutrition in the BioScience Officer MOC. They tend to be kinesiologists, medical engineers, and pure scientists involved in human systems and equipment evaluations.

Haha thanks everyone looks like the military is in little need of farmers. Time to switch majors to something the military needs possibly food science, dietetics, microbiology, and Immunology. If the forces aren't fond of those majors too I don't know what to do. =(

I know engineering is the most useful however, calculus isn't my speciality. I've always wanted to join since I was young but, my parents keep telling me to finish my education first.

ngmike92 said:
Haha thanks everyone looks like the military is in little need of farmers. Time to switch majors to something the military needs possibly food science, dietetics, microbiology, and Immunology. If the forces aren't fond of those majors too I don't know what to do. =(

I know engineering is the most useful however, calculus isn't my speciality. I've always wanted to join since I was young but, my parents keep telling me to finish my education first.

Apply for the ROTP and do both at the same time, if you want to be an officer.

jwtg said:
Apply for the ROTP and do both at the same time, if you want to be an officer.

However, this leads back to his original question.  You can't get into ROTP unless you agree to pursue a degree that is acceptable to the occupation you are headed towards.  Having said that, it's worth noting that for some occupations (e.g. MARS, Pilot, combat arms), any degree will do.

Back