• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

North Bay Problem

carolynv11

Inactive
Reaction score
Heres my issue and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas
Last year I was dumb and applied DEO without a degree so my file closed and the note "awaiting updated transcripts" was placed onto my file in north bay
Since then I've now graduated with a degree and reapplied and sent all supporting documents including these updated transcripts.
but my file hasnt reopened. I've tried calling numerous times to find out the problem but no one answers I've also emailed and I'm just not sure what to do because I now have everything that I was missing before and it is in there posession, however it says my file hasnt been updated since 2012 when I re-applied a few months ago with a brand new application.

Any advice would be great. I just want to ensure they have all the paper work and get my file to the CFRC.

How long have you been waiting for a response? If you haven't been waiting very long just be patient. If you continue to not hear anything then keep trying to contact them. Other threads say e-mail is the best way and normally recieve a response in a timely manner.

Its not the time I'm concerned about. It's the fact my old application has put this "hold" on my file and they wont process my new application apparently.

Well this is interesting. I recently applied as DEO and did not possess my degree as well, but my file was not as you put it, "put on hold." I applied in January knowing I would not graduate till April and my degree credentials would not arrive till May...and they said that was fine.

I would continue contacting them as much as possible. Do you have any personal phone numbers from North Bay...if you ask, they will usually give you their direct phone numbers for each recruiter.

Hope it get resolved quickly, I know there is a massive applicant file pile-up in North Bay currently. Patience will win the day!

Cheers

Mark

Hockey89 said:
...Since then I've now graduated with a degree and reapplied and sent all supporting documents including these updated transcripts.
but my file hasnt reopened. I've tried calling numerous times to find out the problem but no one answers I've also emailed and I'm just not sure what to do because I now have everything that I was missing before and it is in there posession, however it says my file hasnt been updated since 2012 when I re-applied a few months ago with a brand new application...

If I'm understanding correctly, you now have two applications in the system then? In my experience, there may be some delay as everything is consolidated, since this is what occured with mine. Even though my applications were years apart (2006 then again in 2011) checking my online status was disabled and I could no longer receive updates in that manner.

Depending on how long it's been since your second application and documents were submitted, it could be a while until they're transferred to your local CFRC. In the interim, you more than likely won't hear anything until they're ready for further processing. IMO, if it's been longer than 8 weeks since you applied, contact the CFRC covering your area to see if they have any specific information.

Thanks for all the input. I sent an email to them today to see what I could do. Hopefully eventually I'll get an answer. I'll wait a few more weeks and contact the CFRC here and see if they can help.

I have never had anything but good experiences with the Virtual Recruiting Center in North Bay. I have called them twice and spoke to a recruiter directly. I have emailed them several times, usually getting a response within a couple of days.

I am not sure if I was just lucky or if it is by design, however I almost always dealt with the same Sergeant. He was very helpful and helped me make decisions that were right for ME. Use respect, honesty, and thank them for their time.

Back