• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

No BMQ courses in May??

The Mega is quite large and could handle both at once. Instead of running 2 English and 2 French BMQ's they may elect to run 2 and 1, or 1 and 2, or 1 and 1 per week. They've done this many times before, and will do it many times from now. I don't think Mr. Wallace was trying to be harsh, just stating the fact that every year at the same time there is the same training going on. Nothing new. They have also expanded living accommodations (placing PAT and PAR in trailers outside, making improvements elsewhere) to help train more.

Chapeski said:
The Mega is quite large and could handle both at once. Instead of running 2 English and 2 French BMQ's they may elect to run 2 and 1, or 1 and 2, or 1 and 1 per week. They've done this many times before, and will do it many times from now. I don't think Mr. Wallace was trying to be harsh, just stating the fact that every year at the same time there is the same training going on. Nothing new. They have also expanded living accommodations (placing PAT and PAR in trailers outside, making improvements elsewhere) to help train more.

This is the point I was trying to make as well; like I said, it seems unlikely that they wouldn't run any BMQ courses at all.  My apoligies if it came across the wrong way.

No worries, I think we can all chalk it up to lack of coffee, non? :)

ScottS said:
  And June is only two months away, that's really not very long.

Not really but when you've been waiting for 4 months already , it seems like a long time. I'm sure it will go by faster then it seems though. But before I get all worked up about it like I said before I'm going to be talking to a recruiter on Thursday and sort this ordeal out.

Dylan

Don't sweat it - I know it's hard to do when you're waiting what seems like forever to get where you're going.  Relax and take the extra time to work out more.  There's truly no point in getting yourself all worked up over stuff you have no control over. 

Find out what you need to know on Thursday - and go from there.  June really isn't that far away - and if you keep yourself busy, it'll be here before you know it.

I'm inclined to agree with Aviator on this one *I know, I'm as amazed as you are*

8 months in Afghanistan is an ordeal.  Waiting for a call for BMQ... I'd say that's a slight nuisance at best.

Four months??  Try being pregnant.  Lil_T, I'm sure you will agree with me on this one.  ;)

Waiting for 4 months? Well, I'm glad you're used to waiting, as that seems to be the un-official sport of the CF. There will be much more waiting where that comes from. It's all part of the game.

PMedMoe said:
Four months??  Try being pregnant.

Yea, I'll have to pass on that one lol

I know it's not that long away but I guess I just got my hopes up a little to much thinking I would be leaving in April or early May. So I learned obviously not to do that again. So when Thursday comes and it turns out there's no courses till June, oh well, I'll use this time wisely to get in better shape.

If it does turn out there is no BMQ until June, let's just take that negative news and turn it into positive energy for training.  ;D
I know for one, my training sessions are always more intense when something is bothering me.

and if it does turn out that way - hopefully I'll see you guys there!!

Hate to rain on anyone's parade. According to CFRC Ottawa, there are no BMQs SCHEDULED for May. A career manager said that there is a chance one may happen, just that none are scheduled to date. He also confirmed that there is in fact a BMQ either the 26th or 27th Apr. This is news as of this morning.

stefwills said:
Hate to rain on anyone's parade. According to CFRC Ottawa, there are no BMQs SCHEDULED for May. A career manager said that there is a chance one may happen, just that none are scheduled to date. He also confirmed that there is in fact a BMQ either the 26th or 27th Apr. This is news as of this morning.

Well that solves it, looks like I'll be training for another 2 months.

Lil_T said:
and if it does turn out that way - hopefully I'll see you guys there!!

Looks like we'll possibly be going to the same BMQ, so I'll see you guys there maybe!
Time to train train train!

Back