• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NHL 2006-2007

Who are you cheering for?

• Tampa Bay Lightning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philidelphia Flyers

• New Jersey Devils

• Minnesota Wild

• Dallas Stars

• San Jose Sharks

• St. Lois Blues

• Colorado Avalanche

• Nashville Predators

• Columbus Blue Jackets

• Phoenix Coyotes

• Chicago Blackhawks

• Florida Panthers

• Carolina Hurricanes

• Atlanta Thrashers

• Los Angeles Kings

• New York Rangers

• New York Islanders

• Washington Capitals

• Total voters
the sens? isnt the question

the question is why not the sens?

great team, great coach, great gm and more than great owner

havent seen any other owner step up and donate equipment to the troops overseas from what i've read.

this team has it coming to them just for all the talk they've put up with, and it appears to be fueling them.

I'm not a hockey fan in the least but I do hope the Sens win the Stanley Cup. It will be a nice way for the owner, Melnyk to retire - round things off for him. 

Sixshooter said:
the sens? isnt the question

the question is why not the sens?
It's a Toronto thing and it was all in good fun  ;)
You're being way too serious on your BIRTHDAY !!!!
Hope it's a happy one.
D2

serious? lol you dont know me then cause my first post said its all in good fun  ;)

3-2 buffalo, and ottawa is pressing.  Buffalo, if they go down tonight, will go down on their shields, as Donald S. Cherry said.

Sixshooter said:
Im gonna go on a limb and say buffalo will win tonight canada needs the cup!
Next thing you know he'll be doing our horoscopes!
Good call Sixshooter (tough loss for your team)

that toronto hasnt done squat but build their franchise around a member that only wants to stay around to break his personal records (sundin).

In the last couple years, yeah we've hit a dry spell but over the past decade the Leafs have been one of the best teams in the league.  What you have to remember is that hockey is cyclical, every team has its ups and downs, the Senators included.  As for the comment about Sundin, I'm not quite sure what you mean.  True Sundin is entering the back 9 of his career but he is still a powerful forward with a point-per-game potential (in fact this year he had 76 points in 75 games).  You also gotta remember that Alfie is only a year younger than Sundin. 
He is our Franchise player and as such we build the team around him. 

All kidding aside, the Sens look good this playoff and i gotta give them credit for not really backing off last night when they were down 3-0.  The fact that they were able to capitalize on two quick mistakes by the Sabres shows just how good they are.  Unless they somehow blow the next three games I think we can safely say that the Sens are no longer a team that chokes in the playoffs, like they did so many times over the past 7 years. 

Kudos to Bryan Murray and John Muckler for putting together a good team.

edited to fix a typo

D Squared said:
Next thing you know he'll be doing our horoscopes!
Good call Sixshooter (tough loss for your team)

funny thing eh, but what is really scary is that from the first post season game, i said we'd lose only 1 game in each round and the final would be detroit - sens.

that and the fact that before the playoffs, me and a buddy from work put a 500$ bet on the sens - detroit series.

looks like im gonna be up 500

Well, now, I will definitely be cheering for the Sens...but only until next season.  ;D
Well done.

Well Ottawa is a little excited right now, lots of car honking, fans yelling and general merriment. 

I think the cutest thing I saw today was a group of little kids on the corner of a busy intersection holding up signs to honk for the Sens.  Everytime a car would honk, the smallest one (maybe 4-5 years old) would jump up and down as if he had heard the best sound on the planet.  Cute. 

I must say congratulations to the Senators.  You're team has done something very special.

That being said, I would prefer it if either the Ducks or the Red Wings were to sweep you guys :)

edited for spelling

Back