• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Standard Issue Helmet

The issue helmet offers more protection, which we will need, because we will not be as effective as we could be..  at least that's how I'm seeing this.

But really, I imagine that plenty of troops have done just fine with the issue helmet, and I'm sure its miles above other helmets that have been issued over history.  Personally, I just got a smaller helmet, and the helmet pads from CP gear, and tighten up the chinstrap real good, it sits a lot closer to my skull and stays pretty much out of the way of my Frag Vest.  Not happy that I had to pay 90 bucks to make my kit work for me, but it does.

the Canadian army helmet is a joke.... stupid Swedish design. it's too top heavy and the chin strap clamps slide out so your helmet tips to the side all the time. get a new helmet and I will re-enlist.

christer, you are off to a good start !!

Welcome to our warning system, have a nice day.

Milnet.ca staff

christer said:
the Canadian army helmet is a joke.... stupid Swedish design. it's too top heavy and the chin strap clamps slide out so your helmet tips to the side all the time. get a new helmet and I will re-enlist.

Really? I guess it only takes a shortcoming of a helmet to get you to change your tune.

christer said:
hello, I was just wondering how hard it will be to get back into the cf reserves if I am mid way through being released?? I just had my exit interview with my rsm last week

If you are here to troll, which your last post was binned BTW and you were more than likely placed on Verbal for, leave now.

You are now on the ramp without a chute.

The Army.ca Staff

touchy group, lets take it easy here gents. remember, no one enlisted to talk on this forum. we're all here for the same reason, an interest in the CF. so why do you have to take offense to everything up there on your high horses?

christer said:
touchy group, lets take it easy here gents. remember, no one enlisted to talk on this forum. we're all here for the same reason, an interest in the CF. so why do you have to take offense to everything up there on your high horses?

Can you please knock it off?

You are not the first, and that post may be your last.

dileas

tess

milnet.ca staff

Christer,
Keep the tone of your statements down and then we'll talk civil like.
Your initial catagorical statement didn,t leave much room for discussion... did it?
If you read thru the whole thread, you'll find that we aren't necessarily the world's greatest fans of the helmet.... but wouldn't quit over the darned thing...

Wanna try again?

hahaha sure! sorry about that, it's just the way I am. A proper knob most of the time. But I would like to ask is there any prospects of getting a new tin lid anytime soon? I actually really like the British helmet, it's about half the weight and covers more of your swede

If people stayed out because of equipment, we wouldn't have an Armed Forces.

Unless you're crew, no new helmet project advertised on CTS Website.

While it may have its drawbacks it is still alot better than what we were using

yo my humble opinion, for what it count;

The helmet we are using now is not perfect....but it does the job...if you had a problem with it...perhaps it was not settle correctly for you, to large...or something like this.

mysteriousmind said:
yo my humble opinion, for what it count;

The helmet we are using now is not perfect....but it does the job...if you had a problem with it...perhaps it was not settle correctly for you, to large...or something like this.

I am waiting for the Jean Chretian photo with his helmet on backwards..................................................................................

George Wallace said:
I am waiting for the Jean Chretian photo with his helmet on backwards..................................................................................

backwards.jpg

Hahaha.......Couldn't resist...

Hey George...
Remember those crap helmets we had before going over to Bosnia in 1994? They were truly............something??!!

Yeah but the old USGI kevlar was miles ahead of the old M1 Steel pot with or without the jump liner, that we where issuing at the time.

The curent CF helmet could be easily fixed by a decent suspension system and integrated NV mount plate (hint Nortos) bolted into it.

FYI I prefer the MSA TC2002 "Gunfighter" its cut a little higher than the TC2000 - but not nearly as open as the TC2001 "SF" helmet.

Why is it when I see the phrase" constructed of a light weight high tech aramid" I instantly think Zylon and failure??

MG34 said:
Why is it when I see the phrase" constructed of a light weight high tech aramid" I instantly think Zylon and failure??

I hope all aramid does not equal zylon, cause the issue helmet is made of it!  ;D

Back