• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Rucksack

Old Sweat said:
I note that the stock item, "Assembly, Brain" does not include "for the use of."

Thats only because I lost the checklist ...

ArmyVern said:
Thats only because I lost the checklist ...

Does that mean we can blame you for all the dumb decisions made in the CF?

Man you really notice that extra 15+lbs the ruck sack weights empty when you deploy to the field for a week or two in the light infantry role.

Your shoulders aren't big enough to lug around all the bad decisions even after sitting through the CTS How to Put on a Rucksack Good lecture 10 or 12 times.

You mean the one that says: "The new ruck is the best piece of kit ever issued  ::).

Mine is doing quite well collecting dust (and quite a bit I mite add) under my bed  ;D.  The only good part of that system is the compression bag (it happens to be the only issued thing, except PPE/combats,and C7A2/EIS I really use alot), and the 2 extra pouches.

Old Sweat said:
Your shoulders aren't big enough to lug around all the bad decisions even after sitting through the CTS How to Put on a Rucksack Good lecture 10 or 12 times.

They sure are my friend. I'm experienced!! I've attended their working groups!! CTS working groups; Army Clothing working groups; by far - the worst of them all have been ADM/MAT WGs [well, DMMD WGs were always fun too] ... (sometimes, I've wanted to remuster to postal after those ones!!  >:D)

I love "projects" ... some of them have far outlasted their expiry dates ... and the fact that they just get continued and continued again only screws us up down here at the bottom level so that we are prevented from supporting you troops (yep, prevented): witness the fact that my Clothing Stores can not even have a sizing jig to size you for that rucksack as CTS continues (WHY!!?? NDHQ "Job-protection" ??) to control it at their level.

So, you're posted in here this summer and entitled to and require a new CTS ruck? "Sorry, we can't help you out; you'll have to wait until the CTS cell makes its next visit here (estimated to be Spring 2010 -at the earliest  ::)) with the sizing jig and the powerpoint because I'm too incompetant to press "play" ..."

George Wallace said:
I thought you were posted?

20 July ... WhoooHooo!! (If we can count SLT as an actual "posting" - but they are giving me shacks (P198 - whew) in Borden for 30 days until I can find a place to live for myself .... [no entitlement to an HHT when you are 'posted' to a french course]; you've just got to love those courses "less than a year long" - especially when being sent 1/2 way accross the country to do them.

ArmyVern said:
They sure are my friend. I'm experienced!! I've attended their working groups!! CTS working groups; Army Clothing working groups; by far - the worst of them all have been ADM/MAT WGs [well, DMMD WGs were always fun too] ... (sometimes, I've wanted to remuster to postal after those ones!!  >:D)

I love "projects" ... some of them have far outlasted their expiry dates ... and the fact that they just get continued and continued again only screws us up down here at the bottom level so that we are prevented from supporting you troops (yep, prevented): witness the fact that my Clothing Stores can not even have a sizing jig to size you for that rucksack as CTS continues (WHY!!?? NDHQ "Job-protection" ??) to control it at their level.

So, you're posted in here this summer and entitled to and require a new CTS ruck? "Sorry, we can't help you out; you'll have to wait until the CTS cell makes its next visit here (estimated to be Spring 2010 -at the earliest  ::)) with the sizing jig and the powerpoint because I'm too incompetant to press "play" ..."

Tell me about it, that's why I still don't have mine.
>:D

ArmyVern said:
20 July ... WhoooHooo!!

I am sure you can master PowerPoint by then.    >:D

I wonder how much TD the CTS Travelling Road Show collects in a year?  Sounds like a great Scam Swan to get onto.

NFLD Sapper said:
Tell me about it, that's why I still don't have mine.
>:D

I'm sure that your name is on the "confirmed" list as having attended the sizing/trg in Nfld. Your issue is that you are never where your damn ruck compontents are!! PM inbound with the new Sgt's name for CSG here ... she can issue to you because you actually attended the trg.

I would love to collect your frequent flier miles.  ;D

Flawed Design said:
Man you really notice that extra 15+lbs the ruck sack weights empty when you deploy to the field for a week or two in the light infantry role.

Excellent.. another tool the infantry can use for CQB: an empty CTS ruck. Why not? It's heavier than the C7.

...you can please some of the people some of the time.....
SPS for short time...rucksack for long time...

ArmyVern said:
I would love to collect your frequent flier miles.  ;D

He usialy drives, so no frequent flier miles for him  ;D

Jammer said:
...you can please some of the people some of the time.....
SPS for short time...rucksack for long time...

you mean the bag that dioes a half-a## job as a travel bag between FOBs? And when packed for a mission dosen't interface well with the FPV and issued/non issued load bearing equipment.

It's all really moot to me (until I'm told otherwise ::)) I don't want the new one. I have a CADPAT 64 setup with a huge valise (three external pockets) and a huge main pack (with five external pockets).

I also have a truck, complete with driver.

I say, give them only to those that actually are required to carry their house on their back, like a turtle.

recceguy said:
I also have a truck, complete with driver.

Ah, the good ol' trucksack. Always works like a charm, even when its broken your back is never sore.  ;D

NL Engineer,
What ever works for you mate.
Mine worked well for me tramping around the AOR.
My experienced opinion.

NL_engineer said:
  The only good part of that system is the compression bag (it happens to be the only issued thing, .

Good for what?  Put inner/outer/hood/liner in it and have fun keeping it closed (it will, just) or getting it in or out of the bag.  Outdoor Research makes several waterproof compression bags of better design that would have undoubtedly cost less even at full overpriced retail. 

Trust No One said:
Good for what?  Put inner/outer/hood/liner in it and have fun keeping it closed (it will, just) or getting it in or out of the bag.  Outdoor Research makes several waterproof compression bags of better design that would have undoubtedly cost less even at full overpriced retail.

I used it for 7 months on my tank in Asscrackistan and it was quite overstuffed and exposed to the elements on a very regular basis.

Never had a problem. Nor did anyone in my crew.

Come to think of it...never heard one complaint about them in the whole squadron.

Regards

Back