• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Moderator

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Please join me in welcoming recceguy as moderator of the Off Topic forum.

Although not an expressly "military" forum, I‘m sure recceguy‘s lengthy experience with the CF will be an asset. I‘ll let him introduce himself, before I give anything else away... :)

Welcome aboard.

OK, well I told Mike I‘d give this a try. Some of you have been following threads I‘ve posted to and should have a reasonable handle on my profile. If not, here goes. Joined in 67 (not a misprint!) spent time in both reg and reserve. Most of it in armour, RCD & 8CH (heavy, light and recce). Time in centurion, ferret and on up to present stuff. Spent a few years as a blue job, doing Safety Systems, mostly with 409 (Nighthawk) Sqn, Comox now in Cold Lake (I think) working on CF-101 Voodoos. Currently back in armour reserve doing mud recce as a Troop Warrant. Spent 3 1/2 years in Lahr, GDR in the early 70‘s and B-H in the FRY in 94-95. I can get rather opinionated, depending on the amount of Newcastle Browns or Poltergiest vodka at hand. But that‘s why I picked this forum, hopefully I can keep it to a dull roar. I‘m pretty easy going, all I ask is we follow the rules Mike has asked of us and we‘ll have a great time. Thanks for listening. Let‘s get it on!! :D

Welcome Recceguy. Knowing you as I do, I‘m sure this will be an intersting forum. Good on you for stepping up and becoming the moderator (although "moderate" doesn‘t quite fit your personality).

Back