• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New IRP / Move policy-effective Dec 01, 2017 [Merged]

I can’t figure out how to do anything on the correspondence page, my advisor’s email address was listed there, I used that.

kev994 said:
I can’t figure out how to do anything on the correspondence page, my advisor’s email address was listed there, I used that.

That's what I did. I clicked on their email, it opened an new outlook email, I sent the email, they responded quite quickly.

Now, if only everything that she said wasn't being contradicted on facebook and on here...

This is an interesting development. Positive direction I think...

"As a follow on to our last update on the ReloCard’s issues and the associated fees, we have directed a short term solution. We will be returning to Electronic Fund Transfers (EFTs) directly into members’ bank accounts for all new requests for funds to cover relocation expenses, much the same as the previous model. This will happen within days – with details to be promulgated by the end of the week.
As they have in the past, members banking information will have to be confirmed to ensure funding is accurately deposited. Members will continue to use the BGRS online service to make the request for funds.
Members will be compensated for all fees related to the ReloCard. Please keep your receipts. More information about this process and the transition from the existing ReloCard will be released shortly, as the details are worked out.
There are few things that we do in the Canadian Armed Forces that are more stressful on our families than relocations. We are committed to improving the relocation experience for our members and will continue to work with our partners to improve the service delivery model while concurrently modernizing our relocation benefits packages.

Major-General Wayne D. Eyre
Deputy Commander Military Personnel Command"

Can be found here:
https://m.facebook.com/milperscom/#!/story.php?story_fbid=2036814856598568&id=1845457419067647&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

RubberTree said:
This is an interesting development. Positive direction I think...

"As a follow on to our last update on the ReloCard’s issues and the associated fees, we have directed a short term solution. We will be returning to Electronic Fund Transfers (EFTs) directly into members’ bank accounts for all new requests for funds to cover relocation expenses, much the same as the previous model. This will happen within days – with details to be promulgated by the end of the week.
As they have in the past, members banking information will have to be confirmed to ensure funding is accurately deposited. Members will continue to use the BGRS online service to make the request for funds.
Members will be compensated for all fees related to the ReloCard. Please keep your receipts. More information about this process and the transition from the existing ReloCard will be released shortly, as the details are worked out.
There are few things that we do in the Canadian Armed Forces that are more stressful on our families than relocations. We are committed to improving the relocation experience for our members and will continue to work with our partners to improve the service delivery model while concurrently modernizing our relocation benefits packages.

Major-General Wayne D. Eyre
Deputy Commander Military Personnel Command"

Can be found here:
https://m.facebook.com/milperscom/#!/story.php?story_fbid=2036814856598568&id=1845457419067647&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

That is great but why the hell is this coming via Facebook? Perhaps an email blast on the DWAN or a message.

Guys... We actually won. They actually listened and actually took real and immediate action.

Hats off to General Eyre!

Tcm621 said:
That is great but why the hell is this coming via Facebook? Perhaps an email blast on the DWAN or a message.
Facebook is likely to been seen by most the fastest and will spread very quickly.

I'd expect to see a dwan email/canforgen about it in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Tcm621 said:

Cause the service wife's club will pass info on faster than any CANFORGEN. 

Tcm621 said:

Maybe he's working on other things, too, but doesn't want to wait to announce everything, and instead let people know about things in a timely manner.

In this case, I believe it’s the best way to update members and their families wrt this issue. Using Facebook enables the non serving spouse/partner to be aware of the changes that might affect them. I’m glad the CoC dealt with this and found a solution.

The email from MGen Eyre, which came our yesterday, is making the rounds now on DWAN.

Using a one-way channel like this assists members as well as family.

Any member who is signed out of the losing unit and has not reported to their gaining unit has no access to DWAN, message traffic or other official means, during their move. As Pusser noted, follow through with normal means  is still the official standard.

Lumber said:
Guys... We actually won. They actually listened and actually took real and immediate action.

Hats off to General Eyre!

This.

We should be as quick to praise the Snr Leadership for quick, effective resolution as we are to comment on things we see as...lacking. 

Personally, I'm impressed this was handled BEFORE people hit their COS dates and, from all appearances, service members won't be on the hook for fees, etc that result in their move as directed by the Forces.  While this doesn't affect me personally, my unit has several Jnr members in my trade posted in and they're the ones who would have been affected - Avr's who don't necessarily have the ways and means to pay for things they shouldn't have to pay for out of pocket.

BZ - I agree that getting this out on social media is an effective way to hit "ALCON", as well as over internal messages, emails, etc. 

Maybe in the wrong IRP thread...

But, did anyone who has moved lately so their taxes and owe a shit ton after you add in the Brookfield T4... Soon as I add it in I go from a refund of $200 to owing $2000...

WEng87 said:
Maybe in the wrong IRP thread...

But, did anyone who has moved lately so their taxes and owe a crap ton after you add in the Brookfield T4... Soon as I add it in I go from a refund of $200 to owing $2000...

Did you change provinces? Moving from Alberta to Nova Scotia for instance can have a profound effect on your taxes. I believe you should be charged provincial tax based on where you lived on December 31 2017. Ensure this is the case.

It does seem very weird!!! This is not my first move, and you're right they usually take way too much out.

I thought the same thing on province, and double checked it... still no change, there has to be something wrong on there, maybe I should contact Brookfield.

I borrowed an old song, but this little ditty has been going through my mind this week:

On the Move Again…

On the move again
I getting up and on the move again
The life I’ve made here with my friends is done
And I’m getting up and on the move again

On the move again
Going  new places that I've never seen
Leaving ‘ol friends I may never see again

Here we go, on the move again
Like a band of Gypsies pulling up roots
We’re moving along the highway
Insisting that the world keep turnin' our way

And our military life is on the move again
No more waiting for a posting
The life I love is full of change and adventure
And I’m getting up and on the move again, break free

(parody of the song: On the Road Again)
Songwriters: Willie Nelson

Has anyone figured out how to get HRG to send e-tickets to their civi email? I have zero DWAN access at my location and HRG seems to only allow a government email address. Thanks.

There's a space for secondary email adresses that you can use your civvy email.

Edited to add: if this is to add a TIN for dependants you need to put customer service as the primary email adress then your civvy as secondary email address. Customer service will have to manually activate your account though because they only send the activation email through dwan.

In the middle of our move now.

- Nice surprise to discover 2 hotel chains accepted the card for final payment  (Best Western and Comfort Inn).
- Note: Follow BGRS advice and use your personal CC for the pre-authorized hold. Sadly, this remains an issue for our new OS / Pte posted.

- The move itself is pretty routine. This is our 7th move in 13 years. Yes....buy coffee/tea/ Tim bits for your packers and movers. It's worth it.

- Since it's a long weekend, it will be more than 1 month and our HHT claims are not finalized. I had our receipts and claims uploaded the same day our HHT finished. We didn't delay on our end.

- These delays are Important to note for families who track their bills. It's not our fault when we are doing it right
and the system has extended delays. This is NOT the height of APS and we are waiting.

Back