• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CT process

Does anyone know if there is a (preferrably non-DIN)website throwing down all the details of the new CT processÉ I couldn`t find anything

Mine is in and I should be in the regf by 15 Aug, but I would like to familiarize myself with the ins and outs of the process as best I can... After all, nobody should care about your personal admin more than you!

Thanks

DAOD 5002-3 has all the pert info on the CT process, it's been recently updated and approved. Unfortunately, the website on the internet side is just the header information. Best bet is to get a friend with a DWAN account email you the DAOD .pdf file to your home account, and you can flip through it. It's not an especially hard read, as some of those pubs can be, and is fairly short.

Well its been 1 month exactly since I put in my CT.  Have only heard from DMCA once about 2 weeks ago, asked if my MMPR was updated and correct, and what the contact info for my CClk is and nearest CFRC.  I fully realize that this is going to take some time, since I am doing a CT-OT (med tech), I just hate the waiting game.

I don't mean to bash anyone, that's not what this forum is for...we all have challenges in our jobs, and I know the CT people in Ottawa do too. But if it looks like you are going to get your ETP message a few days before your reporting date, DELAY it. That will be your mission verb in this situation. I wish I had known this was even an option. I put in my application in April, 4 months before I was to CT. My file is a god awful mess due to an extreme lack of communication wherein I didn't know what my options or entitlements were and counldn't for the life of me find out anything solid, only that nothing happens until after you get your ETP msg, I got my ETP message 4 days before my COS date, had nowhere to stay after those 4 days were up, no guidance from above, so I threw my stuff in storage on my own dime and drove 14 hrs to report. Do not do this; I can't emphasize this enough, you may or may not get your money back. If you rent, don't give notice to your landlords until you have your message so at least you have somewhere to live(if req) and aren't forced to spend way bigger bucks trying to be proactive. If you haven't gotten your message a month prior to your start date, expect the worst. IRP takes a minimum of 2 weeks to assess and move you, they can't fix your situation last minute, and rightly so. I have 4 friends from tour who have also CT'ed and every one of them was a dog's breakfast to varying extents. The saving grace of the new system is that you will get to the regs, but it clearly still has some bumps to iron out. Remember, the name of the game is communication, if you aren't getting answers from your unit or DMCA, keep prodding until someone gets you the information you need. It is, after all, your life and the happiness and well being of your family. I don't think anyone can get pissed at you for trying to take care of the home front. PM me if you need anymore somewhat bitter advice! :) Best of luck to you

One last thing... I am not entirely up to speed with how the paperwork behind the scenes actually works, but make sure your reserve orderly room forwards the right documents so you can actually, you know, get paid. It's kind of a big deal.

Talk about syncronisity, got an email today, telling me they have assigned a file manager to my transfer. :D

sent my paperwork mid july and recieved recipt message 22 july

they tell me they are waiting for LFDTS's review of my MPRR to determine which of my courses will be granted and it can sometimes take a long time.

hope not too much longer  :-\

Put in my CT (215 to 215) on Monday, got a response 2 hours later. Asked for an effective date of 1 Nov 08, so lets see how quick the system works!!

PuckChaser said:
Put in my CT (215 to 215) on Monday, got a response 2 hours later. Asked for an effective date of 1 Nov 08, so lets see how quick the system works!!

Dang thats fast.

I have to call my CFRC to set up an interview appointment.

I sent my stuff in on the 14th and received my first e-mail today (22nd) for the review of my MPRR, got a few things to clear up in there then we will see how fast this moves.

Well had my interview at the CFRC, and well my CT is on ice until I upgrade my courses, as I had the unfortunate luck of going to highschool before OAC's were elimanted.  Took Grade 11 Advanced Bio, didn't take OAC (there was no grade 12 course, went straight from 11 to OAC) cause 11 Advanced was good enough for college paramedic programs (and I wasn't thinking 7 years down the road I may need that OAC).  Well.....turns out, DMP updated entry requirements for CTing to medic back in july, from Highschool Diploma and any level bio and chem/physics, to mandatory grade 12 (note I am talking CT's only, if one goes on the DIN and LOOKs up the MOSID outline for medtech on the DMCA site, it still says what I just wrote, I can provide a link tomorrow at work).  Which really really sucks.

I posted asking for help about this and got a link to this thread. I'm not seeing a link to the application I was told existed by the recruiting office I called.
Is there actual page with the application on it to fill out? I looked through here looking for links but those I clicked on didn't work.

Got my offer today, pretty much 2 months total time for the transfer. Now I just have to see how flexible DMCA 5-5 is on the posting thats listed.

Lucky you, I am getting close to the 2 month mark now and still haven't had my recruiting center interviews... What trade did you remuster from and to?

SigOp to SigOp. If you're doing a CT and OT, it takes a lot longer. The longest time interval I had to wait was 2.5 weeks for my PLAR (course recognition), but DMCA 5-5 kept me in the loop and answered questions pretty quickly.

Yeah I got a CT OT. My guess is another 4-6 months... that is what I have been reading here and talking with people seems to be the average...

DMCA 5-5? I have seen that somewhere before what does it mean again?

I haven't heard a peep in around 2 months, and don't expect to hear a thing until Mid Jan. It is very frustrating but seemingly typical of CF HR mil affairs. The new CT process was touted as a silver bullet, especially when you initiate it overseas like I did. I am going from Sig Op (res) to Comms Research (Reg) btw, I wonder if it would speed up if I changed my choice to Combat Engineer...

From Klinkaroo
"DMCA 5-5? I have seen that somewhere before what does it mean again?"

Director Military Careers / Administration

"5" is the "In-Service Selection" cell

Back