• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CF Physical Fitness Webiste-DFit.ca

Chilme

Inactive
Reaction score
Within the next few months PSP will be fully launching a new fitness website dedicated to the current fitness situation with the CF

http://www.dfit.ca/splash.htm

This website will display training programs that are catered to each of the 3 elements, with specific programs that relate to the position you are currently in, in your deployment cycle.  Also, there is info on all the tests, physical fitness courses available to CF members, many fitness resources, a direct link to CFEXPRES.ca, and mch more.

Keep in mind this site is still being constructed and has not been officially launched.  It would however be a good site to book mark for use in the near future.

toughenough said:
Can the DND not afford a half decent graphic designer?

Likely it was done by a designer within DND.  Would you rather the department spend money on contracting our for flashy graphics or ammo and fuel?

Why not look at the intent of the website?  It's a good idea.  And if it helps get folks more active and fit, I don't care if it's not gamer quality graphics.

I think it looks pretty good- its a "utility" website and a little rough but its easy to navigate.

It's CFSPA - if DND web designers built it then it would have had to be CLF2.0

Chilme said:
Within the next few months PSP will be fully launching a new fitness website dedicated to the current fitness situation with the CF

http://www.dfit.ca/splash.htm

This website will display training programs that are catered to each of the 3 elements, with specific programs that relate to the position you are currently in, in your deployment cycle.  Also, there is info on all the tests, physical fitness courses available to CF members, many fitness resources, a direct link to CFEXPRES.ca, and mch more.

Keep in mind this site is still being constructed and has not been officially launched.  It would however be a good site to book mark for use in the near future.

Miles ahead of where we are today.  I have been perusing the site off and on for the last week or so exploring some of the options.  A great tool in the box for planning worthwhile PT sessions.

Chilme said:
toughenough said:

Dude give your head a shake  ;D

muffin said:
It's CFSPA - if DND web designers built it then it would have had to be CLF2.0

It only has to be CLF 2.0 if it's hosted on a GoC server.  Nonetheless, my main point was "ignore the medium, concentrate on the message".

toughenough said:

Perhaps you missed this part:

Chilme said:
Keep in mind this site is still being constructed and has not been officially launched.

toughenough said:

I don't usually take the low road, but it sounds to me like your complaining for the sake of complaining and I strongly suggest other more productive pursuits.

I personally think the visual aspects of the site are quite good.

This new site is 100% improvement over the previous CF sponsored exercise websites.

Hopefully the terrible layout issues I'm having in a non-IE browser are fixed before it goes live.

Nostix said:
Hopefully the terrible layout issues I'm having in a non-IE browser are fixed before it goes live.

What browser are you using?  I looked at it using Firefox and it seemed fine to me.

Nostix said:

Other than needing a special pluging for WMP11 to run the videos in Firefox, it looks fine for me.

I'm using Chrome; a bunch of the elements on certain pages have managed to wander off into other frames.

Huh.. No issue in FF for me either.
Just installed Chrome. Same issue as Nostix.

I'm seeing the same problem in Safari 5.0.3 on OsX 10.5.8. Scrolling text boxes are misaligned to the table frame on the front page for Army. I have not checked the other components yet.

That being said, mac problems are usually sorted out last so that is no surprise really.

They have just started putting content up for the site in the last 2 weeks.  It should be sorted out soon.

Chilme said:
They have just started putting content up for the site in the last 2 weeks.  It should be sorted out soon.

This kind of thing should be sorted out before people see it, otherwise they are unlikely to come back and check it out again. I'm including myself in that demographic. There may be good info there, but I ca go to any other number of websites and actually access the info without issue.

EXCELLENT! This is exctly the kind of thing I needed!

EDIT: Everything works fine for me (Firefox 3.6.13, Windows 7).

EDIT 2: Never mind, it appears once you've registered on the forum it brings up "ACCESS DENIED" if you try to access anything else on the site other than the forum.

EDIT 3: You have to log out of your forum account to access the rest of the site.

VIChris said:
This kind of thing should be sorted out before people see it, otherwise they are unlikely to come back and check it out again. I'm including myself in that demographic. There may be good info there, but I ca go to any other number of websites and actually access the info without issue.

That will be your loss.  Patience will pay off.

Back