• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NEW BMQ/BMOQ for 2014

Zulopol said:
A long time ago the BMQ was 10 weeks I think..

When the first tri-service recruit course was set up at Cornwallis, it was no longer than six or seven weeks. To create a new course meant dropping all sorts of single service stuff like weapons training, which were to be the responsibility of the user commands. The 1970 FLQ crisis injected a sense of reality - not just in recruit training - and weapons training was brought back and the course length increased a bit.

Well I am on week 11 of this pilot course of 12 weeks so there you have it. It's 12 weeks now only 2 weeks at farnham (week 8 and 11)
this is for bmq by the way 

I wonder how many weeks BMOQ is in the field now. I assume there is still Pre-Vimy and Vimy.

Okay, I guess I understand the shorter Farnham trips, but has Week ) been done away with too? What happens instead? I thought Week 0 was the null time for orientation and kit issuance....

Secretly, I was looking forward to Week 0 as a means of understanding what was going on before the hammer really started to fall....

Back