• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Nerds in the forces

Yes, in fact I do enjoy the Discovery Channel and the History Channel.

Nerd disguised as a cool guy?

Jim...Binary is machine language.....all computers do is interpret 1's and 0's, thus binary (2 different states)

Then we dumb humans try to make sense of it by creating HEX (16 number base ( 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, F), or the OCTOGAN base (0-7    0 is actually considered a number BTW)...there's a bunch more (like groupings such as Bit, Byte, etc) but that's essentially it.

A geek/nerd also uses binary as the most effecient and effective rating system for the opposite sex. Or same sex, if that's your thing.

Sapplicant said:
A geek/nerd also uses binary as the most effecient and effective rating system for the opposite sex. Or same sex, if that's your thing.

I for one, now that I know (kinda) what binary is do not rate the ladies as a 0 or  1. Its a scale of ten, with some exceeding the 10.

Jim Seggie said:
I for one, now that I know (kinda) what binary is do not rate the ladies as a 0 or  1. Its a scale of ten, with some exceeding the 10.

Uh....how come we don't hear about the -1's, -3's, etc.....ashamed Jim?..... :nod:

Jim Seggie said:

Efficient and effective=either you would, or you wouldn't.

Yes, the 10 point scale with the occasional 12 is the standard, but still.

1s and 0s, yesses and noes.

Now being binary; "Its a scale of ten, with some exceeding the 10" would be " Its a scale of ten, with some exceeding the 1001.  (I think I got my 1's and 0's correct.)

GAP said:
Uh....how come we don't hear about the -1's, -3's, etc.....ashamed Jim?..... :nod:

Because, being the very cool nerd I am, I only allow the higher numbers to hang out with me!! My wife is one of those higher numbers!!

0 = no
1 = yes

Yes, that's efficient. I've done that too. Thank you for pointing that out.

I've seen 10s that I would rate a 0. Is that nerdy enough? ;)

It would be 1010 ....1001 is 9

7 - 0111
8 - 1000
9 - 1001
10 (A)- 1010
11 (B)- 1011
12 (C)- 1100
13 (D)- 1101
14 (E)-  1110
15 (F) - 1111

Sapplicant said:
Just an observation.

There's a big difference, between "geeks" and "nerds".
Geeks, will die of suffocaion, from having their big-legged wives sit on their face for too long.

Not all g33ks are guys ;)

7H12 12 L337
K4N u r34d 17? I can ;)

I had to update my geek code block lol - haven't done one since 2000(ish)

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
  Version: 3.1
GIT/CM/CS/ED d--(---) s: a C+++$ *U--- P+ L+ E-- W+++$
N+ !o K++ w++ !O M-- !V PS+ PE Y PGP- t 5--- X R* tv+
b+ DI+++++ D G+ e h- r+++ x+++++
  ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

I also own a Vitruvuan Voltron Tshirt and have 6,600 geek points at Think Geek lol

muffin said:
Not all g33ks are guys ;)

Well aware of that, I just didn't feel it would be appropriate to rephrase it for the she-geek's demise.  ;)

Occam said:
You had it right the first time.  ;D

I guess I'm not a true geek then, I keep losing my 1's & 0's.... ;D

GAP said:
I guess I'm not a true geek then, I keep losing my 1's & 0's.... ;D

That would be called a buffer overflow.  >:D

Occam said:
That would be called a buffer overflow.  >:D

Oh No!! not the buffer overflow......there goes my memory!!!

1222644096457.jpg

Jim Seggie said:
I've seen 10s that I would rate a 0. Is that nerdy enough? ;)

After my last girlfriend, I'm beginning to think that all single 10's are 0s..... as there is inevitably a (damn good) reason some other guy isn't with her, and now there is a reason I am not :D

Back