• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need Help Please: Qualification Badges (Marksman, etc).

SeanNewman

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to find a link to the list of all qualification badges to no avail.  There's no mention of badges on the QR&O for dress regs, either (seemingly and endless loop of reference chasing).

Basically what I'm looking for looks like the poster of the order of medals that's up everywhere.

Before you ask, no I am not a Badge Bandit (can't wear them anyway), but with the upcoming Sharpshooter course, a logical progression from First Class Shot and Marksman should be made to Sharpshooter (level 3-4, whatever).

Must be different than sniper as it is a very different skill/course.  Anyway, we'll handle the design proposal part of it, but I would appreciate a link to the current referrence if any of you know where it is, thank you.

Have you looked at CF Dress manual A-AD-265-000/AG-001 Pg 3-6-2.  This talks about the marksmenship badge.

Hi, thank you yes I have seen that and it does mention the badge but not that helpful.  Basically it just states that you are entitled to wear the badge is you pass.

Annex F to Chapter 3 clearly states:

Sewn centred on the lower left sleeve, 12 cm (4-3/4 in.) from the bottom of the sleeve to the lowest points of the badge.

It also covers all awards (Safe Driver, D of E, etc.).

Link to manual: http://hr3.ottawa-hull.mil.ca/dhh/publications/downloads/AAD265000AG001_C080514A.pdf

Unfortunatly, I can't get an internet link at this time, but I'm sure if you go to the DHH internet site you can find it there.

Edit to add link.

Hi there,

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough on this.  What I am asking for has nothing to do with the regs for wearing them or where they go on the sleeve.

What I am looking for is a link to a page/picture that has all of the badges in sequence of Level 1, Level 2, etc with the wreaths and crowns, etc.

CF Dress Instructions does have all authorized qualification badges in it, you just have to look.  For example, trade qualification badges are shown in Appendix 1 to Annex C to Chapter 3, in precedence from lowest (on the left) to highest (on the right).  Some are shown in order from lowest to highest running from the bottom of the page to the top, for example the shooting qualifications in Chapter 6 Section 6 page 3-6-6.

I, personaly, have never seen a chart depicting the qualification badges in use.

Edit to add about the chart

Awesome, thank you for digging that up.  I never saw that appendix in my search but now I know exactly where to look, thanks.

Petamocto,

I am not sure where I saw it or even if it's a CF poster, but there is a poster with the marksmanship badge on it kicking around this world...  come to think of it, it might be a cadet poster but i can distinctly remember the crossed rifles being on it.  Maybe check with the PAM library and see if they have a directory of the posters available through the system?

I also recall seing some sort of poster with the many types of badges on it - but I think it was at the tailors, not in any formal CF guide or product.

There is a poster that I have seen up at messes, but it is from the 1960s or so.

I appreciate the tip on the tailor, and I will make my way over there.

Greymatters said:
I also recall seing some sort of poster with the many types of badges on it - but I think it was at the tailors, not in any formal CF guide or product.

Those posters usually have a DND/CF stock number on the bottom left corner.  DHH has put out numerous posters displaying medals, Unit badges, etc., and are likely the originators of the posters with Trade Badges as well.

[Edit to add:  Actually, I remember the old publication, The Sentinel, often produced similar charts.]

Back