• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy doing trials on new clothing???

maybe they're designed to give you wedgies for a reason lol, but all kidding aside S&P's don't NEED to be drycleaned when you spill stuff on them the white shirts can be bleached (mine twice a week need it or not) and the pants washed in cold water and hang dried no problem, I haven't sent my kit to a dry cleaner in years (except the stuff I have reserved for #1 and #3 with tunic).

and a little of topic, Friday's my last night at the fleet I rank out on Sunday

Disenchantedsailor said:
maybe they're designed to give you wedgies for a reason lol, but all kidding aside S&P's don't NEED to be drycleaned when you spill stuff on them the white shirts can be bleached (mine twice a week need it or not) and the pants washed in cold water and hang dried no problem, I haven't sent my kit to a dry cleaner in years (except the stuff I have reserved for #1 and #3 with tunic).

and a little of topic, Friday's my last night at the fleet I rank out on Sunday

Thanks for warning us! BEWARE OF BARRINGTON ST ON FRIDAY NIGHT AROUND 0130!!!! Ha ha.
So you are coming up the hill to the Chuffs and Puffs eh?? You know you're getting old when!!

Unclean, Unclean, and you shall be rejected as is the leper. ;)
Just kidding man, good luck in the shark infested waters of the wardroom.
Feet. :cdn:

Disenchantedsailor said:
I wonder how they'll take to an Artilleryman in the wardroom lol

Start a thread about it so that this one can go back to dealing with clothing... ;D

army.ca staff

Springroll said:
The S&P's are definitely more professional looking while us sailors are out in the public.
They are very comfortable, but a pain to have to dry clean every time you spill something on them.
The NCD's give us ladies major wedgies, well maybe not every one, but every one I have spoken to about them.

Suggestion for the S&P's: use your points to buy a couple extra shirts and an extra pair of pants.  Keep one of each set aside for good, and use the rest as everyday wear.  The shirts wash up with no problem and use that Dryel stuff for your pants once in awhile.

As for the NCDs, I never had a problem and neither did anyone I've sailed with.  You might need to play around with sizes a bit, try getting the next length up.  One thing with the pants especially, is they only keep their shape and size for so long through washing.  Personally, I (and many chicks I sailed with) wore the men's style.  Much more comfortable.

I see nothing wrong with Sailors wearing NCD's to and from their work.  Problem lies with using NCDs as a pair of coveralls and wearing unsafe boots.

Hear me out before you start to jump all over me.

NCD's contaminated with oil, paint, grease even body sweat renders them ineffective in their reasons to be worn, Protection from fire. As for the ironing issue well the COC needs to sort that out.

On to bad looking boots. A pair of steel toes that you can see the steel from are no longer effective protection from falling objects. Read it up in the WCB safety digests.

Unpolished boots, simple fix, hold onto some shoe polish and a brush on the Brow. Dont let anyone leave who has brown boots.
Eventually they will get the hint. The same thing for them comming in except send them home to fix there uniform. Then when they are late discipline them.
Eventually they will get the point.

The problem lies with the COC, they don not care. It is easier to turn a blind eye then it is to enforce the Regs.
Unfortunatly enforcing the regs is a matter of safety.
A pair of coveralls can solve most issues of dirty NCDs at the end of the work day.

Some one will say I am out to lunch and straying outside of my field. Go ahead.

Discipline is well with in my field as is the disgusting look of the Fat lazy people I see in uniforms all the time.
Start to apply pressure to them they will sort them selves out.
Enforce rules of having to wear your S&Ps to work, they still look like slobs but just in a different uniform.

Springroll said:
The NCD's give us ladies major wedgies, well maybe not every one, but every one I have spoken to about them.

Lisa,

Move yourself up to the next 'taller' size as there is a greater crotch to waist ratio. Ie move from a 67 to a 70.

Man, I can't believe we are talking about ladies friggin wedgies on Army.ca  ;D

CTD said:
I see nothing wrong with Sailors wearing NCD's to and from their work.  Problem lies with using NCDs as a pair of coveralls and wearing unsafe boots.

Hear me out before you start to jump all over me.

NCD's contaminated with oil, paint, grease even body sweat renders them ineffective in their reasons to be worn, Protection from fire. As for the ironing issue well the COC needs to sort that out.

On to bad looking boots. A pair of steel toes that you can see the steel from are no longer effective protection from falling objects. Read it up in the WCB safety digests.

Unpolished boots, simple fix, hold onto some shoe polish and a brush on the Brow. Dont let anyone leave who has brown boots.
Eventually they will get the hint. The same thing for them comming in except send them home to fix there uniform. Then when they are late discipline them.
Eventually they will get the point.

The problem lies with the COC, they don not care. It is easier to turn a blind eye then it is to enforce the Regs.
Unfortunatly enforcing the regs is a matter of safety.
A pair of coveralls can solve most issues of dirty NCDs at the end of the work day.

Some one will say I am out to lunch and straying outside of my field. Go ahead.

Discipline is well with in my field as is the disgusting look of the Fat lazy people I see in uniforms all the time.
Start to apply pressure to them they will sort them selves out.
Enforce rules of having to wear your S&Ps to work, they still look like slobs but just in a different uniform.

This is not only sailors. When I was in Petawawa there were a lot of vehicle techs doing work on vehicles in thier combats and not putting coveralls over them to protect them from grease and dirt. Again just too lazy to clothe themselves properly to do the job. One Maint O that I served with got a grip on it and it soon became a problem of the past. These were in the days when they were loathe to exchange combats till you could see your knees and elbows through them cause there just wasn't any money.....early 90s.

ArmyVern said:
Lisa,

Move yourself up to the next 'taller' size as there is a greater crotch to waist ratio. Ie move from a 67 to a 70.

Man, I can't believe we are talking about ladies friggin wedgies on Army.ca  ;D
I haven't been on in a long time but i want to say thanks to ArmyVern and Airmich for the suggestion of exchanging the pants for a longer leg...OMG do they feel better!!
I am tempted to snag myself a pair of men's to see the difference there too.

Springroll said:
I haven't been on in a long time but i want to say thanks to ArmyVern and Airmich for the suggestion of exchanging the pants for a longer leg...OMG do they feel better!!
I am tempted to snag myself a pair of men's to see the difference there too.

Springroll, except for when I was on my JLC, I always wore the mens.  Without the pleats in the front, and the supposedly shape for our hips, they fit amazingly well.  They aren't for everyone, but give them a try.  I seem to recall that they changed the regs too, to say that women can wear the men's now.  I never had any trouble though at stores out west. 

Back