• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naughty15tracy's questions about 1980s combats, kit, etc.

naughty15tracy

Inactive
Reaction score
can someone tell me what was the sizes of the old combat uniforms and what they where in inch measurements? also the same for the combat boots mk1,2, and 3? what was the waist sizes for the small, medium, and larg p82 web gear belts? i am woundering what the military sizes would have been for me, i am almost 5' tall, about 100 pounds, 34a chest and a size 25 waist. my running shoe size is 5 and 1/2. i am basicaly built like ellen page in every espect (and have short hair like she did in the movie hard candy; i have almost the same body as she did in that movie too). what would you say is the size of beret i should take too?

first of all, is there a differance on how a female sets up her web gear compared to a male soldier? how would an infantryman/woman set up his/her web gear? what would they pack in the web gear personnel as well as military issue? also what gear (personal and military) would a female soldier pack for going over seas (duffle bag(s), foot locker(s), rucksack, and web gear?

No.  Male and female get the same kit.  What you pack depends on the kit list.

would that inclued the old parka? i saw 1 in a show case and did not try it on. it said size small, and it looked realy small.

for a girl the size of ellen page, would she be a size small fnc1? how difficalt would it be for her to use it?

back in the 1980s, did the canadian rangers use the p82 web gear? did they use the lee enfield or the fnc1? did they use the same basic combat uniform?

how much was field pay back in the early to mid 1980s? did the mre packaging look the same as the new ones (besides the date change of course)

Why not roll up all your questions in one single post, since they are all related to the same thing.

CDN Aviator said:
Why not roll up all your questions in one single post, since they are all related to the same thing.

Done.

Tracy, keep all your related questions in this one thread please.

Milnet.ca Staff

naughty15tracy said:
back in the 1980s, did the canadian rangers use the p82 web gear? did they use the lee enfield or the fnc1? did they use the same basic combat uniform?

The rangers are still using the Lee Enfield 303 British rifle.

Nites

I can't say as I have yet to be lucky enough to serve with them. I have not seen any photos of a ranger in webbing or tactical vest either though...

May I ask why so many questions?

Nites

just trying to put together a complete 1970s/1980s combat kit together and would like to make sure it all fits. all items belong together and all the sizes match correctly to someone who is a small female like ellen page (an extra small person).

3 years with the Rangers in Ont and never saw any webbing or combats in any patrol.

CDN Aviator said:

Indeed.

It'd make a comprehensive response to all of the questions easier, rather than doing a multi-quote from all of the posts.

I'd also be interested in what this is all about. Some sort of really nitpicky, researched costume for a party? A short film project?

When I've worked with the Rangers, they've been wearing some Ranger-specific kit, such as printed red pullovers and baseball caps. They were not wearing combats. To the best of my knowledge, they don't get issued combats.

it is for a display case and finding certian items is rare even for the 1970s/1980s. the only reason why i was thinking about the rangers was because i can not find an old map of a military post or base (like c.f.s. naniamo) that would have been carried by a soldier, but finding any other map of the bush of the same scale and age, may take a bit but can be done. also, using display rounds in stripper clips placed in the pouches makes more sence than not having them in fnc1 magazines. i would use fnc1 magazines, but we can not own them (unless i am wrong on that). also, i am just picky and would like to make sure everything is correct, right down to the lint in the pockects.

Back