• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

PRP - 4 MU.... but
The vehicle enjoys high performance of its base vehicle - AIFV (BMP-1): extremely high manoeuvrability, high speeds of movement, good cross-country ability and the ability to negotiate water obstacles afloat using its track assembly; sufficient armour protection. The armoured reconnaissance vehicle is provided with devices for protection of the crew and equipment inside the vehicle against the effects of mass destruction weapon, fire-fighting equipment and the devices for laying smoke screens for the purpose of consealing.

It's a PRP 3 or 4...the diff between the two of them consists in an additional fairing on the right side of the turret. Nevertheless, the PRP 3 is also known as the BMP-SON - previously known as BMP M1975...so, it starts with a B after all... :P

Tolstoyevsky said:
It's a PRP 3 or 4...the diff between the two of them consists in an additional fairing on the right side of the turret. Nevertheless, the PRP 3 is also known as the BMP-SON - previously known as BMP M1975...so, it starts with a B after all... :P

It is a PRP-4 period. Current titles only.

Last thing anyone wants to do is confuse somone who is actually learning this stuff as we go along.

Regards

Recce By Death said:
It is a PRP-4 period. Current titles only.

Last thing anyone wants to do is confuse somone who is actually learning this stuff as we go along.

Regards
Thank you, it has been so long since I engaged in AFV recognition that I was starting to get confused.

George
I'm guessing that it's an ARV based on the Leo 2.  But, I doubt it's that easy.  Armoured Engineer, anyway, and I would hasard a guess that it's also for explosive breaching of minefields?

Hmmm...tough one (and I'm not googling: trying to reason this one out)

Seven road wheels: all I can think of are leo 1, leo 2 and m1 series.  Not Leo 2.  With that cam pattern, I'm "guessing" German.  Not Leo 2, so Leo 1 variant?

Well, I guess I'll have to go with USA, therefore M1 Armor Engineer Variant??

(NB: note lack of "u" in "armor")
:D

C'est francais je pense.  Not sure of the vehicles but it has Polish Pronit line charges.

D

Check this out.  Same rig different chassis.  This one looks like a Leo1 but I'd say the other is an M1A1 chassis but still no country found?????  ???

Edit:  Damn just found it.  Yup it's a Leclerc with a K2D mineclearing kit.  Thanks Janes.

Back