• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

15cm Schweres Infanteriegeschuetz 33/2 (Sf) auf Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer

Regards,
ironduke57

15cm Schweres Infanteriegeschuetz 33/2 (Sf) auf Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer

I guess you won't miss many of the Germans! ::) You got it even with the Hetzer chassis...

Your turn.

Gasplug :salute:

Gasplug said:
I guess you won't miss many of the Germans! ::) You got it even with the Hetzer chassis...

Your turn.

Gasplug :salute:
That Hetzer chassis stood out (to me, anyway). 

Trivia: What does the "t" in the tank's designation stand for?  (Ironduke, you're not allowed to answer.  LOL)

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
That Hetzer chassis stood out (to me, anyway). 

Trivia: What does the "t" in the tank's designation stand for?  (Ironduke, you're not allowed to answer.  LOL)

Means heavy tank?

The T stands for Tjekkisch or Czeck in English.

Heavy would be S for schweer.

vG

vG said:
The T stands for Tjekkisch or Czeck in English.

Heavy would be S for schweer.

vG
Yes (though it's "tschechisch" in German.  Note the lack of capitalisation of the word.  But that's another thread)

OK, next photo poster is up.  Sorry for the detour, one and all!  :salute:

... (Ironduke, you're not allowed to answer.  LOL)
smile26.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What´s this?

Regards,
ironduke57

Definately a T-54/55 chassis, so now it's just a matter of ploughing troght the entire internet for variants...

:crybaby:

vG

http://www.military-today.com/apc/tarmour.htm

Tarmour T55 based APC from India (you've got a thing for India Ironduke?).

The Tarmour heavy armored personnel carrier is a recent Indian development. It is a conversion of ageing Soviet T-55 medium tanks. India operates around 900 T-55 tanks, that are in process of being phased out. This heavy APC shows some Israel's influence in it's design.

Protection of the Tarmour heavy APC is similar to MBTs. It is claimed that it's armor provides all-round protection against RPG-7 rounds. Vehicle is fitted with NBC protection and automatic fire suppression systems.

The Tarmour is armed with a remotely controlled 12.7-mm machine gun. This weapon station is operated by vehicle's commander.

Vehicle has a crew of two and provides accommodation for 9 troops. Troops enter and leave the vehicle through the rear door.

The Tarmour heavy APC is based on a Soviet T-55 medium tank chassis, but has a raised superstructure. It is worth mentioning that India operates a number of ageing Soviet T-55 medium tanks, that pose little threat to modern main battle tanks. Original engine of the T-55 was replaced with more powerful Detroit Diesel 8V92TA diesel, developing 850 hp.

Vehicle can be tailored to suit specific operational requirements. It can be also used as ambulance, combat engineering vehicle, armored earth mover or mine plough.

tarmour.jpg

vG

Yes (though it's "tschechisch" in German.  Note the lack of capitalisation of the word.  But that's another thread)

Hmm, my German spelling went all the way off there, but that has got to be one of the words with most consonants outside of Polish.  :eek:

vG

Well, let's see about this one:

n691411370_1657544_7052.jpg

First a line drawing!

vG

Back