• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My CT

TN2IC

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Well I don't know if I can vent. But it me it seems that my transfer is put on hold because of everywhere my file is.

I have done my fitness, interview and medical, with flying colors. Now I found out that I don't have to do basic, so that is good. They ask me where would I like to be posted. And that is was the end of informing me on my file. To my understanding all I am waiting for is my "phone call" with my offer. Now I have been waiting since this late spring and have been calling the recruiting number endlessly.

Being a successful Reservist doing this is very upsetting when your goals are to carry on with the Reg Force.
I have done a CT before but they magically closed my file after the interview PT test and medical. But that was 3 years ago last month.

I am sorry to rant but this is really bugging me inside. Trying to keep a happy face on while my wife rags me out why I am not in the Reg Force... what am I going to do

P.S. I am trying to quit smoking so that is not my scapegoat.

:brickwall:

You are with the same CFRC I am.  My suggestion is to call you MCC directly, mine has been bang-on.  Feel free to PM me if ya want to talk details.

MRM

Hi,

I have a hard time getting my head around some of the crap you people are going through. I joined the Army in 4 day(1956), and my remuster(1960) (CT ?) took 3 days to complete. Remuster might have been helped along by the fact that the losing RSM and the gaining RSM were the ones doing all the arranging. But even at that, it probably wouldn't have taken more than about 2 weeks to complete.

My hats off to you for hanging in there.  :salute:

All the best    Drummy

TN2IC said:
I have done a CT before but they magically closed my file after the interview PT test and medical. But that was 3 years ago last month.

So, on your last application for a CT they just closed your file but didn't tell you why?  Didn't you ask?  What is the recruiting centre telling you now when you make the calls?

Makes me feel better about when I went from Res to Reg....................I told the unit I was with that I wanted to release, and when they heard that they said " well how come you don't just put in a CT?"  This is Exactly why!!
  Maybe it would be best for you to leave the military and join right back up full time?  Plus you get to hand in all your old kit and then get yourself some brand new stuff  ;D
Cheers
Steve

beach_bum said:
So, on your last application for a CT they just closed your file but didn't tell you why?  Didn't you ask?  What is the recruiting centre telling you now when you make the calls?

I am remember they were saying it was over due..they "tried" to call me but then closed it on me. How joyful...

How times have changed. When I switched from Reserves to Regs in 1968, it took less than 30 working days. I barely had time to turn in my Reserve kit before heading off to Shilo.

It is just really upsetting on my side.

They are always going on about bringing more people in, but the PRes personal like me have such a hard time even if we do have our training ready done. So we by pass all the schools!

:brickwall:

I am in the same boat, waiting for a posting to Ont.

And I have more than 1 reason for wanting to be there  ;)

Keep your stick on the ice!

It'll happen!  (Thats what I have been telling myself for...5 months?)

;)

well.... the CDS has indicated that this kind of stuff should not take more than a week (5 -10 days)....
From my perspective, if you plan on remaining in the same trade, it should be a matter of Losing & gaining units talking to each other, possibly agreeing on a temp - interrim rank, hammer out a class "B" or "C" route letter for a period of 90 - 120 days during which HR Mil, DMCARM & unit OR cooperate in getting you processed....

The CFRC here told my Cpl to "wait" until Oct to file his CT...as the new timelines were much more streamlined...so waiting he is.

Bets on if he or I get our offers first?  ;D

Mud Recce Man said:
The CFRC here told my Cpl to "wait" until Oct to file his CT...as the new timelines were much more streamlined...so waiting he is.

Bets on if he or I get our offers first?   ;D

Let's see about us then... hehehe

I am starting to think my "file" is "filed" (garbage...or PLEASE SHREAD)  :rofl:

Congrats on your 1000 post... but yeah this CT deal is really depressing. I think they make paper airplanes with those files over at CFRC.

Well,now that the Change of Command Parade for CFRG is over, everyone should be back to their desks and putting the polish kits away  :)

Remember it is very important that Change of Command  Parade is done for CFRG.

TN2IC said:
Remember it is very important that Change of Command  Parade is done for CFRG.

WTF is that suppose to mean?  Are you bemoaning the fact that a CF unit has had a CoC parade or are bitching and complaining, again, that no one is paying attention to your precious CT?

Ah I am just being cranky, that is all. In my eyes am just getting all fed up with CFRC. I keep on getting the same excuse again and again when I am trying to get places.
Excuse my last post then. It is just me venting a tad.

Back