• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My advice? Be patient!

Blacksmith

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all.
I've read a few posts here about how long the recruiting process is. I'm here to tell you that it can, be VERY long depending on the situation.
In fact, I first applied just under 4 years ago, and had my final interview this morning.
Now, do I blame the military or the recruiters? Hell no. A minor medical problem can turn into a big headache though. I had lots of help from my recruiter (who advised me to contact the ombudsman's office) and actually made my re-entry into the Primary Reserve possible.

So don't think that 4 or 6 months wait time is long. Trust me, it's not.
Just be patient, remember, good things come to those who wait!
:cdn:

I have been undergoing the recruitment process for almost a year now. December it went into full swing when DND contacted me and said they were going to push my application through. There was a hang-up with my credit and all of a sudden.........I hear nothing. I received an email from Vancouver recruiting office stating pack your bags, we are going to do your interview, medical and physical all at once. Then I received another email that said my credit was unfavourable due to an UNPAID DENTAL BILL, which I sent proof to DND that it actually was paid in 2010. I applied to get into MED TECH and they were rushing me through as my schooling starts in April. Now I cannot get ahold of anybody via letter, email or phone call. Does anybody know if I should keep trying to get ahold of someone, I feel like I am at the point of pestering. I don't want to ruin my opportunities with DND but is it likely that the rest of the process can move along in about two months?

You mean to say the personnel at CFRC Vancouver are not answering the phone?

How far is the recruiting centre from where you live?  It may be worth a visit in person.  Trying to carry on an exchange between e-mails is likely less effective than a face to face discussion.

Regards
G2G

kiminator81 said:
I have been undergoing the recruitment process for almost a year now. December it went into full swing when DND contacted me and said they were going to push my application through. There was a hang-up with my credit and all of a sudden.........I hear nothing. I received an email from Vancouver recruiting office stating pack your bags, we are going to do your interview, medical and physical all at once. Then I received another email that said my credit was unfavourable due to an UNPAID DENTAL BILL, which I sent proof to DND that it actually was paid in 2010. I applied to get into MED TECH and they were rushing me through as my schooling starts in April. Now I cannot get ahold of anybody via letter, email or phone call. Does anybody know if I should keep trying to get ahold of someone, I feel like I am at the point of pestering. I don't want to ruin my opportunities with DND but is it likely that the rest of the process can move along in about two months?

Over the past seven months of dealing with CFRC Vancouver, I have found as well that there have been some 'dry spells' where it is nigh impossible to contact them by phone. The best option is to go in in person, as Good2Golf suggested. I have found the best time to reach them by phone is around 10:30, if that helps at all.
Jonathan

Back