• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MSE OP 6A

Robbie

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm a trucker with a Arty unit.  I'm the Tpt NCO.  When I go do my trade courses I'm quite abit out of the loop and a little to hard core for service truckers...lol.

Has anyone here taken this course?  What is it like?  Are you driving a desk?

Robbie said:
I'm a trucker with a Arty unit.  I'm the Tpt NCO.  When I go do my trade courses I'm quite abit out of the loop and a little to hard core for service truckers...lol.

Has anyone here taken this course?  What is it like?  Are you driving a desk?
Ah yes,  too hard core for the trade eh?  Must be one of those Mobile Support Ninja Door Kickin' Equipment Operators......an MSNDKE Op

we talking the old 935s 6A course?

well looking at what TN2IC pulled from the CFSAL Website, here is what the 6A's covers:

Qualification Level 6A
          PO 001 – Coordinate the Transportation of Dangerous Goods on DND Vehicles
          PO 002 – Supervise Fleet Operations
          PO 003 – Conduct Fleet Administration Utilizing Fleet Management System (FMS)
          PO 004 – Assist in the Preparation of a Transport Business Plan
          PO 005 – Manage Snow and Ice Control Operations (SNIC)
          PO 006 – Understand, Promote and Advise on the Functions of MSE Safety
          PO 007 – Conduct Field Operations
          PO 008 - Administer Civilian Personnel

Looks like a Desk and Coffee Course to me. I'll ask the Tn Pl WO next time I see him, and get it straight from someone who took the course.

Cheers
  Josh

The PO's listed above are for Regf MSE Op QL6A only done in 36 days of trg. Lots of working in syndicates using Power Point. Being 6A qual make you a Dangerous Goods Instr as well (check the DG Manual). The R935 course does not include all of the PO's and is about half of the trg days. The biggest problem with Reserve 6A's is getting qual Instructors to teach in the summer. PO 007 is at Platoon Level while the 6B is at Coy Level. No 6B for R935s. Did the crse as a RegF MCpl.

Back