• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MrJimi's recruitment story................

Eye In The Sky said:
How about your written ones?  ;D

(Sorry, I had to slide that one in...believe me, if you check my post history, you'll find lots of things wrong I am sure.  >:D)

Should be spaces around that ellipsis, but at least the sentence is proven to be accurate.

Good news. My medical has been booked for Sept. 15. Very excited to round out the process and hopefully be accepted into the NCM SEP as a NET. Never thought I'd be so excited to see to the Doctor.

MrJimi

That is good news MrJimi ! Good luck next Tuesday.

How was your day trip on HMCS Ville de Quebec? I went on the Sunday and was lucky enough to get a private tour down below. My wife and I had a great time.

Keep us posted.

Cheers
Mark

Good luck to you. Just don't drink coffee beforehand or high b/p and heartrate will force you to go to a doctor and delay it further. I'm just used to drinking it and didn't even think about it and that happened to me.

Great news, MrJimi

Make sure to let us know how it went; although we are all sure that it will go just fine.

Good luck

Steve
:cdn:

chrome1967 said:
That is good news MrJimi ! Good luck next Tuesday.

How was your day trip on HMCS Ville de Quebec? I went on the Sunday and was lucky enough to get a private tour down below. My wife and I had a great time.

Keep us posted.

Cheers
Mark

My trip on the Ville De Quebec was amazing. We got to have a day sail out on the lake, anchored for front row seats of the air show, it was brilliant. We had a tour of the ship as well as a delicious lunch, wow that food was good. To top off the day, the ship performed a couple high speed turns which amazed me, the speed was a lot faster than I thought it would be. I know I'm going to fit into the Navy rather nicely.

Medical ---  I went in for my medical this morning because my original appointment was re-booked at the last minute. Passed easily and have now completed my process of CFAT, interview, and Medical.

My concern is that School orientation begins on Oct 1, with school starting on the 5th. That leaves me with a week to find out if I will be offered a position as a NET. Im currently trying to figure out what happens with my file now that my medical is completed, and if it can be expediated considering the circumstances of my timeline. Either way I will be a member of the forces, I just need to know when.

On pins and needles,  MrJimi

Almost 2 months after handing in my application, I have been offered a job with the Canadian Forces! I am to be sworn in tomorrow at CFRC Toronto. After all the testing and form filling I can definitely say it was well worth it.

Before I go to St. Jean for basic training, I will be studying here in Toronto at RCC. Im not sure if Basic will be completed between years or at the end of the second year, either way, Im thrilled. Im very happy and excited to begin my studies on Monday.

Mr Jimi

Don't forget to say Hi to Otis when you come in tomorrow. He likes that! He likes a pat on the head too.

I am officially a member of the Canadian Forces family. I was sworn in yesterday and spent the better part of the morning signing my autograph on the dotted line.

I feel a nervous excitement now that it's official. I did have my question about basic training answered, I will go to BMQ after my second year of school, reason being, my particular college goes nonstop through the summers and it makes better logistical sense to attend BMQ post-school.

School begins Monday, and after school I have to drop in to The Downsview base to clear-in, submit void cheques, and submit my rental agreement. Once I've done this, I can book an appointment with my ULO or University Liason Officer, to sit down and discuss school as well as my responsibilities as a CF member.

This week will be a busy one and I'm really looking forward to settling into a rhythm and learning electronics. Until next time......

OS MrJimi

Hey OS Mr.Jimi,

Sorry I missed your swearing in, I was otherwise occupied on Friday ... congratulations!

Otis

Congrats OS MrJimi

Hopefully we might serve together onboard ship.

Best of luck in your future and glad that your patience and hard work has paid off.

Steve

Back