• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

armyhopeful1993 said:
By any chance were any of your supervisors CC'ed in the message? I'm expecting to get an offer as well but I don't have access to my DWAN email right now. I might have to start calling all sorts of people Monday to avoid automatic rejection.

It came to me straight for my OR, but the normal way would be for it to go to your supervisor first.  I haven't heard of anyone else getting their VOT yet,  May is usually when the messages come out.  I was talking to my BPSO a few weeks back and he said they wouldn't even entertain an update request until mid May.

Got a hold of my CM today and apparently my file has been done and with my chief clerk for a week now... Apparently they all had today off so hopefully I will have an answer on my OT tomorrow when I give them a call.

danteh said:
Got a hold of my CM today and apparently my file has been done and with my chief clerk for a week now... Apparently they all had today off so hopefully I will have an answer on my OT tomorrow when I give them a call.

gotta love it  ::)

But, Congratulations! Hopefully see you on the next QL3!

WEng87 said:
gotta love it  ::)

But, Congratulations! Hopefully see you on the next QL3!

Hopefully. Been a very long process to get to this point. Hopefully its good news.

Officially accepted my offer today and just wanted to thank everyone for the help along the process and sharing some useful information.

Rookie13 said:
Officially accepted my offer today and just wanted to thank everyone for the help along the process and sharing some useful information.

Congrats!!! Any word on Dates for BMQ and what not?

BMQ in June but still no word on QL3 date , will most likely know more closer to enrolment date.

Rookie13 said:
BMQ in June but still no word on QL3 date , will most likely know more closer to enrolment date.
If you only go to St Jean in June, there is no way you're going to make the Aug course; you will only be partway through BMQ when it starts on 1 Aug.  Count on next Jan.

Thank you Garb. I did not know the exact date for the Aug QL3 So I will have a couple months inbetween graduation and start of QL3 in January.

Yes.  Part of that "should" be BMQ-L but chances are you will be sent on OJE at, or near, where you were recruited for the remainder.

Why not send recruits to RCMP Academy ?After the Army they could then work for the RCMP .

tomahawk6 said:
Why not send recruits to RCMP Academy ?After the Army they could then work for the RCMP .

Because we just spent 50 million on a brand new, state of art academy. Plus, we'd never keep anyone around. They'd all jump for the better pay, Overtime, Shift Diff, better shift rotations, court pay etc. Oh, and real police work.

Got my OT message today and got accepted :) Posted to BTL 18 July and hopefully course loaded on the August course.

tomahawk6 said:

MPs can already lateral to the RCMP as it is.

tomahawk6 said:
It was actually looked at in the early 2000s, to the point of posting a MP to the Depot as an instructor.  One of the two who did that was posted to the Academy after his time at Depot was done to allow him to speak to both perspectives of how the training was similar/dissimilar etc.  End result was he ended up doing a lateral to RCMP a couple years on and we maintained our own Academy.

Pretty sure we talked about that in one of the threads here quite a few years ago...

Do we know if the August course is full or not? Just trying to gauge my odds on making that course.

I doubt it is full.  Haven't seen the numbers but the last time I checked last year's SIP it hadn't been met, and even if it had there wasn't enough to meet the max load of the course.

Yeah, hopefully on the August course.  Would really suck to be demoted and lose spec pay just to wait for the course in January lol

Back