• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Moscow Theatre Attack - 22 March 2024

More, or less than these?
I get that. The 'hilarious' part was in reference of them running to the UNSC. When you are war - officially or unofficially - with others, stuff like this should not unexpected. When the UN tries to discuss anything involving totalitarian nations (or somebody wants them to), 'interfering with internal matters' is their go-to response.

Popcorn time, if allegations that Putin's government chose to ignore warnings (from other countries' embassies) gain traction with ordinary Russian people.

Popcorn time, if allegations that Putin's government chose to ignore warnings (from other countries' embassies) gain traction with ordinary Russian people.
I wouldn't press start on the microwave just yet. I find it highly doubtful that any ordinary Russian people will either hear about foreign warnings of a possible attack or believe that the warnings from "enemy" nations are any more than cover for their own involvement in the attack.

I wouldn't press start on the microwave just yet. I find it highly doubtful that any ordinary Russian people will either hear about foreign warnings of a possible attack or believe that the warnings from "enemy" nations are any more than cover for their own involvement in the attack.
Russia be Russia since its inception. They do not think like we do.

One in custody, 4 are holding hostages.

Some saying this is IS-K, but Q why those assholes would be attacking Moscow.
Russias involvement in Syria, Chechnya, the oppression of Muslims in Russia, etc.

Most major powers have a reason for IS/Islamists to hate them. China, Russia, Britain, USA, Australia, France, even Canada.

I get that. The 'hilarious' part was in reference of them running to the UNSC. When you are war - officially or unofficially - with others, stuff like this should not unexpected. When the UN tries to discuss anything involving totalitarian nations (or somebody wants them to), 'interfering with internal matters' is their go-to response.
Seen - I thought you meant the attack specifically. And yeah, funny how UN resolutions are the answer for these countries except when thrown against them.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Ukraine helping some of the African and other countries/groups expel Wagner?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Ukraine helping some of the African and other countries/groups expel Wagner?
Wagner generally operates under the invitation of a host nation (their participation in Ukraine not withstanding), so any collaboration against Wagner is unlikely to be with the interested country.

Depending where the information was coming from, in certain portions of the security and intelligence community there would definitely be efforts to corroborate it.
Certainly.

But my "we" was much broader than that.

Point being, there would be similar discourse on this side as over there. We are not that different.

I recall reading a report that they were described as “Caucasian”, which could easily literally mean ‘from the Caucasus’.

I recall reading a report that they were described as “Caucasian”, which could easily literally mean ‘from the Caucasus’.
Correct. Perhaps Khazakhs or Uzbeks. There are a number of "stan" nations in the area that had a large Muslim population. Kyrgystan as well as Turmenistan.

Correct. Perhaps Khazakhs or Uzbeks. There are a number of "stan" nations in the area that had a large Muslim population. Kyrgystan as well as Turmenistan.
Which seems to be at least part of the catchment area for ISIS-K, too - not to mention no shortage of Chechens underwhelmed with USSR 2.0.
In that context, my first read of that term would be "from the Caucasus" too.

Back