• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Moscow Theatre Attack - 22 March 2024

This is horrible, no matter who perpetrated it. Anyone who thinks he won't pin this on UKR should be drug tested.
Misattributing something of this magnitude can lead to not allocating appropriate resources to tackle the network that enabled it.

Misattributing something of this magnitude can lead to not allocating appropriate resources to tackle the network that enabled it.
True, but what if someone wanted objective X WAY more than objective Y, and would be happy to use this as a rationale to get there?

Also, scapegoating UKR on this wouldn't necessarily stop the truly guilty bastards from eventually facing open windows on high floors.

100% both NATO and UKR will get blamed…
UKR gets blamed first via RUS state media (archived link) ....
Screenshot 2024-03-22 170848.jpg
Two weeks ago:

US Embassy in Russia 48hr extremist warning

US IC was aware.
Also duly noted by RUS state media -- let's see how their info-machine unravels that thread ....
Screenshot 2024-03-22 170321.jpg
Archived link to article here. Meanwhile, RUS's looking for a big stage to share from ...
Screenshot 2024-03-22 170447.jpg
(archived link here.)

IS (not sure which branch) has apparently claimed responsibility.

IS (not sure which branch) has apparently claimed responsibility.
IS also claims to have captured Bigfoot, landed on the Moon, and cured cancer.

I will take that claim with a healthy amount of skepticism.

Shades of

and

Hopefully the Kremlin doesn’t use this as justification to go more insane in Ukraine, but they probably will.
If they spin this as an attack on Russian territory by NATO or Ukraine, Putin will think it a reason to use the nuclear card he has been waving about.

That might be enough to get the weaker portions of the West to pressure Ukraine to cede the Eastern Oblasts to prevent nuclear war.

Edit to Add:

I am just speculating mainly because of Russia's calling of an emergency meeting of the UNSC. If they thought it were actually a terrorist attack by IS or Chechens, that wouldn't be their first move...

Shades of

and

Hopefully the Kremlin doesn’t use this as justification to go more insane in Ukraine, but they probably will.
US intelligence community warned of a terror attack. I think they would have phrased that to warn a pending false flag if their indicators were of Russia targeting its own people. It takes a lot of wind out of the false flag if it gets pre-attributed.

US intelligence community warned of a terror attack. I think they would have phrased that to warn a pending false flag if their indicators were of Russia targeting its own people. It takes a lot of wind out of the false flag if it gets pre-attributed.
Unless we also have their mail planning it, and figure waiting to drop at the UNSC is a good time to call them on their bold face BS…

Frankly any dead Russians at this point just give me a warm fuzzy.

Back