• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

More sailors needed for Canada's warships

November Charlie said:
We hurt already...unfortuantely its not hurting the right people....personally, I'd like to see it so bad that POs have to do their 2 hour cleaning stations because all the lower deckers have re-mustered to the airforce.

Lets not forget you don't get to PO with out doing cleaning stations at one time or another

Halifax Tar said:
Lets not forget you don't get to PO with out doing cleaning stations at one time or another

If you really want to see POs doing cleaning stations come down to subs where everyone does cleaning stations including the POs and Officers.

Sub-normal said:
If you really want to see POs doing cleaning stations come down to subs where everyone does cleaning stations including the POs and Officers.

You gotta love the Sub...Normal life! keke sorry, couldn't resist lol

Don't worry fellas, your staffing issues are over. I am on the way!  ;)

But in all seriousness, I feel for you all. I have was working a provincial job for the last 2.5 years, and we were constantly understaffed. Not only is it a hit to the operation of the department, but moral and staff work ethic as well. I hope that more Canadians, both young and old, take advantage of the opportunities that the Canadian Forces, especially the Navy offer, or just decide to do their part for the country. 

Just to add to the discussion, you can expect a damn sight more sailors coming over in the next year as many of us grunts leave the Infantry and see what life is like on the sea. Are the staffing issues still as bad as they were a few years ago?

Sub-normal said:

Also on the sub once something is clean you are DONE.  Unlike the skimmers who keep you at your station until the allotted time has expired.

All those Army fellas who are looking to OT to the Navy, I will save you a few years and recommend skiping the Navy for the Air Force.  There is a reason why the Air Force has many former sailors kicking around.

TRYHARD2001 said:
Just to add to the discussion, you can expect a damn sight more sailors coming over in the next year as many of us grunts leave the Infantry and see what life is like on the sea. Are the staffing issues still as bad as they were a few years ago?
I think that the manning shortage is worse and forecast to continue getting worse with the aging/release of experienced sailors.  Good luck on your OT, choose wisely - most sailors that I know are away from home (on average) far more often than any soldiers that I know - although all-expense paid trips to the Arctic every summer have their allure. ;D

Back