• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mock Tower Wings

I don't see why so many people look down on them. I am getting them through Expedition at Blackdown because they go to Petawawa and do it so I don't see why I wouldn't participate. I am only using them as a stepping stone because I intend on doing Para in 2 years. Why is that something to make fun of???

Mr, McWatt, that‘s a very good attitude. There is nothing cheesy about wearing them. We lost I think 7 guys to the mock tower, 5 of them were just too scared to jump. If you want to do it to get the idea of what it‘s like to wear the harness and jump out of something, then go for it. I guarantee it will be a good expirence, just remember when you do Para, that there are going to be a lot of people who will not like you, because of troops like Mr, 0304 and their I rule because I have a Basic Parachutist course, and you dont, so you must suck kind of attitude.

BTW No# 9 RCAC, is that in London?

The one person with mock tower wings on our Bpara failed the Mock tower on day 2.

I think jumping from the tower is awesome for cadets to do. But there will be people who will make fun of you for wearing those wings, that‘s all I am saying. And QY Rang cdt...please do not compare the first three days of week 2 of ground training to getting mock tower wings - you and me both know that they are nothing alike. Simply exiting is not the same, although it IS a good experience which I wish I could have gotten to do before my jump course. I still wouldn‘t have worn the tower wings even if I did get to do it though.

Cheers

When i first got my mock tower wings we did the exiting,flight and landing procedures all tought by the RCR jumpmasters, it was a fun thing but my head was stuck between the risers lol and the first time i jumped i was wearing the old harness(the one with the circle forget the name) and i smashed my chin off the metal and could barly talk for a week.But i was most proud when i did my final jump and the jumpmaster came up to me and said ‘thats the best exit ive ever seen from a cadet‘ that made me feel awsome!

Back