• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Missed my CFAT.... What now?

michaelmroczk

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there,

Due to unfortunate circumstances I have managed to miss my CFAT that was scheduled on the 29th (this passed Tuesday) at the Hamilton recruitment office (55 Bay St). I was very eager to write the test, and joining the Forces is something I have been seriously contemplating. I graduated trade school about two weeks ago so my opportunity was finally here until I managed to screw it up... although I'm very disappointed in myself, I still haven't lost hope and intend on showing up at the recruitment office right as the doors open on Friday (April 1st) dressed formally (tie and all) to express my sincerest apologies and prove that I can be a dependable, and responsible candidate.

Could anyone please shed some light on this? Who should I go about speaking to? Do I have to make an appointment to speak with whoever it is? And lastly, I'm sure there has been similar occurrences in the past, what is the likelihood of being able to reschedule?

Thank you for your time,
Michael M

I unfortunately did the same thing earlier this month. id suggest calling or emailing an mcc at your nearest recruiting centre and explain why it happened. I did that and they immediately replied to my messages saying they would re-book my CFAT. just stay in touch with them and i'm sure things will work out:)

I called in this morning. I was greeted by a very kind recruitment officer and she forwarded my information to her supervisor...

Out of curiosity, would it still be advisable to show up in person like initially planned, or should I just wait patiently for a response? I feel like a meeting in person would go a long way.

Thanks for the help!

michaelmroczk said:
I called in this morning. I was greeted by a very kind recruitment officer and she forwarded my information to her supervisor...
Out of curiosity, would it still be advisable to show up in person like initially planned, or should I just wait patiently for a response? I feel like a meeting in person would go a long way.
Thanks for the help!

If you have already made contact with your local Recruiting Detachment, explained why you missed your appointment and asked to be rescheduled, then all you can do now is wait until they contact you again.  If you haven't heard from them by the end of next week, call or visit in person.

I was scheduled same day had the email for proof when I arrived I was not on the list thankfully someone missed the test and they let me do it guessing that was you so thank you lol

Back