• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Support for Breast Cancer Research

Yikes! I've never had a marriage proposal quite like this... Just don't expect much of a honeymoon. ;)

I know we can hit that $1k mark no problem... folks have been very generous so far, which is great to see.

I would just like to sneak in a link to an article in todays Sun on a Canadian hero, Terry Fox.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2005/04/10/990697-sun.html

...and of course had to send my $25 to the court officer. ;)

Thank you Bruce... for both the link and the donation.

Terry Fox is a touching story and obviously an inspiration. 
I'm not, however, inspired to walk across Canada with my ruck....  :D
I'll stick to the 60 km...  ;)

OMG $400 in donations.  In 2 days?  This has been amazing. I'll have to update my list of Heros in the next
day or two.

Don't forget to post here when you donate so we can keep track for this challenge.  Cause, really, what
Mike doesn't realize at $3000.00, I'm NOT wearing the white wedding dress... so someone is going to.......!!!

Hi everyone!!  (2 i/c here  ;))

I do not mind re: the logo/names on a t-shirt list.  I'm all for it.  Thanx to everyone who's already donated money & I hope seeing that people are donating, may encourage others to do the same!!

Good work everybody & keep it up!  :cdn:

Swanita.....Carry On!!!

Well I'm back...
My room mate just finished making her donation to the team!! She is a fellow student, and good buddy of mine. I told her of this worthy cause on my favourite site and she decided to do her part as well!
Good Luck all!

THANKS

I just noticed that....

Card_11's room mate
I_fly_planes    and
David Sheerin  (i'm assuming he was army.ca)

The totaly now stands at $455

I think we will easily obtain our first goal of $1000... I'll have to start making up those shirts with
the Army.ca design..  Mike will be happy about that!

Mike won't be happy about wearing a white wedding dress though.. so lets get $3000.....  ;D

fir_na_tine said:
Just out of curiosity, when do you need the donations by?

Excellent question.

Online donations can take place up until the 8th of Sept... a day before the march.

However, of course, I'm trying to get a good start on donations, JUST IN CASE we have
any difficulties, deficiencies, problems, etc....

So..  The sooner the better? ;)

Now.. WORK with me on this theory..  Its very Interesting.

Mike B.
Duke
Archer
SarahJ
Bruce Monkhouse
Card_11
Card_11 room mate
Sheerin
aesop081 (Mr. Verbal Warning himself  ;)  GOD i love you ....)
I_fly_planes
fir_na_tine

11 people have donated for a combined amount of $455  (and one pseudo flame)

There are 6419 members (and Mike does remove old accounts... so a good portion are realitively active)

If 100 people gave 10 dollars  =  $1000
yet only 10 people have given =  $455

Thats truly incredible.  How MUCH MORE could we accomplish with 20 people, with 30 people, with 40 people donating.
Yes, we do have a few months left until this 60k ruck march  :'( (my poor feet and back). But don't wait.
I said it before... FORCE ME to add you to this list.  Really. I don't mind.

Now, since Mike apparently got married already (although I think he's lying to get out of this little agreement)
I will pose with Mike in wedding dresses if we reach the $3000 amount.

Please contribute to one of the THREE following accounts.  Our fifth is temporarily out of the race, and we are trying
to replace him and I am already so dangerously close to my limit.  And put army.ca after your name so we can track the donations
and give proper thanks

2 ic MCpl Swan
http://to05.endcancer.ca/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1000&px=1248542

MCpl Williams
http://to05.endcancer.ca/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1000&px=1258107

Cpl Cuffy
http://to05.endcancer.ca/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1000&px=1252083

Blessings  (and guilt to all  :D

EDIT: just spelled my name right, well cause I can ;D                      <-----------  edit not by Trinity

Edit again:  Trinity acknowledge I spelt Bruce's name wrong...  and that he edited my post
NO PEOPLE, i didn't edit my own post for spelling my name wrong.

Sent you some $ via paypal.  Will send more if able later this summer.

Harris said:
Sent you some $ via paypal.  Will send more if able later this summer.

GREAT... i've received it and put it up. 

HEY.. GREAT NEWS EVERYONE... BACKPAY IS IN on the 15th.

Personally, i'm getting a nice chunk as a reservist..... And of course some of that will
make its way to Charity....

So, if you were sitting around thinking... yeah... but i don't have any money......

BACK PAY...  common.. whats $20...  some of the reg force are getting and extra 3000? common boys and girls.....
I'm asking for penuts compared to that.. its like FREE money.. 

[me=Trinity]stops begging now[/me]

C'mon guys.....don't be afaid, donate...save my, i mean the, breasts!!!  It won't hurt a bit i promise  ;)

Think of all of the people you'll be helping who've been affected by this, patients as well as their friends & family...

Besides, a breast is a terrible thing to waste  :p

Cheers, & hooray for boobies!

(now go donate!!)

Trinity said:
(For $3000.00 I'll marry Mike!)

Just a question. Do you mean perform the ceremony or participate in one of the newly approved unions? ;)
Either way my donation will be sent via. snail mail.

Pro Patria

X Royal said:
Just a question. Do you mean perform the ceremony or participate in one of the newly approved unions? ;)
Either way my donation will be sent via. snail mail.

Pro Patria

Someone finally caught on.....

Mike and I came to an agreement if Army.ca members did reach $3000... that he
and I would pose together for a photo, both of us in wedding dresses....

Thanks for the donation.

Trinity,

If you are looking for some other fundraising ideas PM me.  I was with the Arthitis Society's Joints in Motion team for 3 years and raised over $13,000 over that time.

BTW, I will get to the team for a donation this weekend.

I would never turn down a good idea...

Any experience you have to share will be well received.

We have a small business going on right now selling military kit
such as nuke bags, medic bags, wash basins, etc....
I got a few on ebay too.. I get more money that way!!!??

People in Hong Kong like cadpat!!!???  ::) ::)

oh.. and since this is my thread.. i'm hijacking it for one second cause i'm in one of those moods

I've got a fever... and the only prescription is more cowbell.

C'mon every body....do not give up!!

SAVE THE BREASTS!!.....SAVE THE BREASTS!!.....SAVE THE BREASTS!!

Just a reminder   ;D

Hey y'all won't be alone in the walk, there are three firefighters from Ajax wearing their gear as well. You guys truly rock for doing this,  I hope the pledging is still going well.

fir_na_tine said:
Hey y'all won't be alone in the walk, there are three firefighters from Ajax wearing their gear as well. You guys truly rock for doing this,   I hope the pledging is still going well.

Really? Cool, what's their team name? We shall keep our eyes out for them!  :cdn:

Back