• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military License Plate

All of my Crests/Badges, etc. are purchased from a vector graphics company and the amount I paid includes any and all royalties.

I do not reproduce any that people send me unless they or I have the approval to do so. I do not want to infringe on any copyrights.

That doesn't exactly answer the question about Crown copyright, or at least not clearly. Is he saying there is a "vector graphics company" authorized to sell digital artwork of DND badges and crests including publishing rights for them?

Or is he having the badges and crests redrawn at his own expense, thinking that having his own custom made versions grants him the rights to publish them?  If this is the case, I would refer back to the links I provided where a digital artist was redrawing DND badges for his own online sales (via Zazzle) and was stopped from doing so.

Whose approval is he referring to as granting permission to use these badges and crests?

AJFitzpatrick said:
so there is no 'legal' restriction on reproducing  CEF cap badges, collar dogs etc. then ?

Considering the minefield that CEF badges are to collectors...I would have to say no......

Michael O'Leary said:
That doesn't exactly answer the question about Crown copyright, or at least not clearly. Is he saying there is a "vector graphics company" authorized to sell digital artwork of DND badges and crests including publishing rights for them?

I have no clue what company this gentleman uses, but these guys seem to think they can sell the vector graphics royalty free.

http://vector-images.com/cd_contents/canadianforces.php

Whose approval is he referring to as granting permission to use these badges and crests?

On their licensing page (http://vector-images.com/licenses/) it states that the images can be used for up to 500 items for resale and it also states:

* Usage of Governmental, provincial, municipal or military logos, seals, coats of arms and insignia may require a permission or a license from according official institution.

Chief Stoker said:
Not this again :facepalm:

Feel free to not care and ignore the thread. I have an interest in the copyright issue and the possible DND actions regarding it. If you don't, try not to make your lack of interest too obvious by adding useless posts.

Michael O'Leary said:

As I understand the latest developments, the Regiment does have the authority.  It is likely that this individual will become a partner of the PPCLI, or will cease and desist selling PPCLI branded items.

PPCLI Guy said:
As I understand the latest developments, the Regiment does have the authority.  It is likely that this individual will become a partner of the PPCLI, or will cease and desist selling PPCLI branded items.

That's the way I've always understood it. If we wanted to get Regimental rings, or the kitshop was getting something done with the cap badge on it, the CO needed to approve it. He is the one that grants authority to use the images.

PPCLI Guy said:

When I asked that, I was given the information that I posted earlier.  All badges belong to Crown Copyright.  The Regiments can act as an agent, to request if the vendor has official use, however if that vendor has applied and been given copy right permission, the Regiment can not do anything to deter him from using it.  Therefore, the Regiments do not own the right to the Badge, only are given permission to use it.

dileas

tess

PPCLI Guy said:

Does this authority also exist at a higher level, or is the Regiment the only granting authority?

Occam said:
Does this authority also exist at a higher level, or is the Regiment the only granting authority?

the 48th regulator said:
When I asked that, I was given the information that I posted earlier.  All badges belong to Crown Copyright.  The Regiments can act as an agent, to request if the vendor has official use, however if that vendor has applied and been given copy right permission, the Regiment can not do anything to deter him from using it.  Therefore, the Regiments do not own the right to the Badge, only are given permission to use it.

dileas

tess

That's why you should read posts that have been posted since you started your reply, as per the suggestion of the big red band that pops up at the top of the page after you've tried posting.

Strike said:
That's why you should read posts that have been posted since you started your reply, as per the suggestion of the big red band that pops up at the top of the page after you've tried posting.

That's fine if you get one.  I didn't.

Have now received my plates from  Don's and installed them on my Navy blue Corolla and my white pick up truck.

They look spiffy.

Slip the dogs of war: Anyone out there, feel free to set the "trademark" cops on me :) .

That's pretty dangerous sedition!  ;D Just like all those sinners in church choirs who illicitly copy the hymn music without proper authorization. I'm sure we will all burn in hell.

We have all lost sight of what is important here.

dapaterson had access to a pretty disturbing picture, it's disturbing knowing that he has that pic on his PC.

What other treasures is he keeping from us?!

I understand that if you mount the RCR plate, it must be polished every morning before 8:00am and the car must also be washed every 3 days and must be parked exactly 3 inch's from the freshly painted white line of the parking stall, including a private drive, which must also have freshly painted white stones along the edge of the drive, each stone being no more than 5" wide. Driver must be appropriately attired in a suit (tailored) and a regimental tie. Any modifications of the above must be signed off by 5 ex RSM's

Only 5 EX RSMs? The the Royals are getting lenient in this new millennium. One RSM from 2VP had RSM2VP on his plate when he was posted to Ottawa then Meadford it read XRSM2VP.

Back