• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military Discounts List

Frankie said:
Approved by Mike.

Just approved by my company last week, I posted the following at my cash desk.

As a way of saying, Thank You to our Armed Forces, we are pleased to offer a discount of 15% on all personal use items. Military ID must be shown.

Sorry that I have to stress the personal part.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere else Frankie, but what and where is your company?

If you are in or around Kingston, ON the KMFRC has a wide range on their Website.
http://www.kmfrc.com/programs.asp  bottom right of the site is the "Military Discount Program."

It is all listed in categories in the format of drop down menus.

Billy the Lineman

If anyone in the Montreal area is interested:

I was buying sunglasses at eh Champlain Mall, mentioned that the Oakley had website offered a military discount, and asked if they did one. The Store Manager and I spoke, and he said he could give me a 10% discount on the oakleys.

So, if you are a military member in Montreal,

the Sunglass Hut
Champlain Mall
2151 Blvd. Lapîniere, Space L07
Brossard, PQ

Store Manager: Serge Recheleau

10% discount on Oakley's

Sig_Des said:
If anyone in the Montreal area is interested:

I was buying sunglasses at eh Champlain Mall, mentioned that the Oakley had website offered a military discount, and asked if they did one. The Store Manager and I spoke, and he said he could give me a 10% discount on the oakleys.

So, if you are a military member in Montreal,

the Sunglass Hut
Champlain Mall
2151 Blvd. Lapîniere, Space L07
Brossard, PQ

Store Manager: Serge Recheleau

10% discount on Oakley's
Thanks Des...I will be in the area for a bit...will look into same 8)

HL

Travelling in the U.S. and need a place to kip?  Look up U.S.A.F. Inns on the 'net; motels run by US Air Force Services on US AFBs.  U.S. Army and USMC have similar schemes, but didn't get to recce them. 
I just spent 4 nights on a US AFB, with Base privileges, for the same cost as one night at the local Hilton with Military discount (2/3).  You have to apply for permission to stay, and will require an Officer's signature on the application, but if approved you can book a room starting at US$24.50 a night.
If not approved, the vast majority of U.S. hotels/motels will discount their rates anywhere from 10 to 40 % for military ID holders.

camochick said:
If i remember correctly in Canada you can rent a car from avis with military Id and a major credit card if you are over 18. Otherwise its over 25. I'm a little rusty on the age limits with military Id but I am almost 100 percent sure with military id it lowers the age. You also have to use the military rate , so it may be a little bit higher than other rates.

I got a good discount from enterprise car rental in Ottawa, but not as much in Kingston.

I just got an email forwarded from a friend about the Oakley discount for military members. You need to contact the company and they will send you an order form. Just contact them through their website. Only certain items are up for the discount, but it seems to be a BIG discount on some items (50% or so). You also need to order 5 items or more. Sunglasses, bags, and some other things are available. Sorry if this is a repost.

I just bought a new Jeep in Halifax at Steele Chrysler. Military members recieve $250 in gas cards. It's not a large percentage when you look at the price of a vehicle, but i didn't have to buy gas for 4 months. ;D

mcdonalds in oromocto,fredericton and sussex  are giving out a 15% discount if you present military id or wear your uniform.

Next Paintball in Pickering, Ontario, just off of the Whites Rd. exit gives 15% discount with military ID

DNDDiscounts is Halifax only,  check out www.cfdiscounts.ca, they are Canada-wide, the only one out there that is.

Cage au Sports in St Jean sur Richelieu, 10% off for CF Members :cheers:

Hey everyone, Im just curious about something. I know that American servicemen\women are eligible are offered many discounts by different companies..like airlines hotels car rentals etc..do Canadian Forces members get discounts from any companies?  just curious...

First welcome to army.ca, second use the search function as this question has been asked and answered before.

There is a thread about this somewhere when I find it I'll post it.

<edited to add>

The mods beat me to it.

If im buying something from a store like a non impulse buy, for instance a knife I bought recently from this knife store. I asked if they offer a military discount and I saved 30 bucks. Also when I got lazer eye surgury I asked the doctor if they offered a military discount and I got 10 percent, which ment 400 dollars.

Nfld Sapper said:
First welcome to army.ca, second use the search function as this question has been asked and answered before.

OK Wann-a-be mod  :cheers:

Conformation, that GM offers $500 to CF members, on the purchase or lease of a new veh.

NL_engineer said:
OK Wann-a-be mod  :cheers:

Conformation, that GM offers $500 to CF members, on the purchase or lease of a new veh.

ssssssh...... you'll spoil my plans
3.gif

Don't make me come over and
stab.gif
you  ;D

Back