• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merged 64 Pattern Rucksack thread

• Thread starter PTE Gruending
  • Start date

What is the better ruck sack?

• CF Issue Rucksack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pack 64 Jump Ruck

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
I bought the Canadian Peacekeeper hippad, all the other parts are '82 pat, an I used a few zap straps to secure the bag to the frame a bit better than with just paracord.

I'd *rather* avoid anything from peacekeeper to be honest, their stuff is over priced for what you get as far as I'm concerned (Edit: Or at least it seems that way to me, compared to what you ge from other manufacturers)... I can get an ALICE pad for a couple of bucks vs $50 for the pad from peace-keeper.

That being said, it is still an option, how do you find it? (The peacekeeper parts)

Oh, yea the pad is really overpriced, but it is pretty good.

How thick is the foam,and how "squishy"is it?I'm getting the MAT tech's to make me a Knock-off of it and would just like to know.
Also,one thing I find helps is to attach fastex clips to the straps of your cover and the female end to the straps of your valise.By doing this you draw the sleeping bag up every time you cinch up the cover,there by making it a smaller package.Will post pics later to show what I mean.

Another option for attaching the 82 kidney pad is to do the following:

1.get your hands on a couple of feet of webbing three ladder locks and three one way tabs (not sure of the technical term but the things that the webbing on the shoulder straps goes through so you can cinch them up)
2. cut the webbing into three staps about a foot long to make it easy to grab and melt the ends
3. feed the webbing through the one way tab on the kidney pad and pull it through a few inches
4. use the ladder lock to form a loop at the other end of the webbing with your new one way tab attached
5. you now have an extension on the standard straps so you can slip the existing strap from the other side of the pad through the new one way tab and attach it to your frame as you wish.

I'll try to get some pics up later

I find it can be a little light on the bottom if you attach the bag to the top, and for the hip pad problem i just sewed the few extra inches on, still modifying it.

I was wondering if anyone knows where a good place to pick up a bag for a 64 pattern ruck for fairly cheap in edmonton?

You can get one at the Regiment (PPCLI) Kit Shop.....maybe 3VP has one too, I don't know. Here is a link for it.

http://kitshop.ppcli.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=218&osCsid=410ab30a7c02767ccde88e2b18376007

A '64 pattern ruck?...Go to any surplus store in any major city. I can virtually guarantee that they will have at least one someplace on the premises.

You might have to mix and match the straps for it though.

Slim

i was also wondering where is a good place to pick up some straps, i think they are called A7 straps, in edmonton?

those are harder to find, but if you go to any good surplus store (which is harder and harder to find these days) you may be able to find those straps. I know you can get them through the system if you know the right people to prod (that's why you make friends in QM :D )
the only place I've ever run across that has 64 stuff was in Oakville, and they had a TON of them. I've heard that in Kingston they have 64 stuff new in the bag still. but that doesn't help that much being you want Edmonton.
Greg

Supply Sgt in the West Edmonton mall was selling '64 ruck sacks last time I was there(September).

Forlorn Hope said:
You can get one at the Regiment (PPCLI) Kit Shop.....maybe 3VP has one too, I don't know. Here is a link for it.

http://kitshop.ppcli.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=218&osCsid=410ab30a7c02767ccde88e2b18376007

Thats just for a replacement bag, It dosn't include the frame, you will have to search surplus stores. Good luck though they are quite a hot commotedtiy.

Bomber for Life said:
Thats just for a replacement bag, It dosn't include the frame, you will have to search surplus stores. Good luck though they are quite a hot commotedtiy.

I can get my hands on 50 frames right now. hot commotedtiy? only cuz I keep selling them for $40 a pop :D
Greg

Check out Canadian Peace Keeper, they are now selling the 64' Pattern ruck now too Here is the link to it

http://www.wheelersonline.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=36&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch

Sapper24 said:
Check out Canadian Peace Keeper, they are now selling the 64' Pattern ruck now too Here is the link to it

http://www.wheelersonline.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=36&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch

again, that is just replacement bag/ harness, they don't sell the frame.

You can get the frame on ebay, good seller, bought from him before.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36077&item=2244976420

Back