• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Standards

I appreciate all your responses. You're right, my doc can't know if I am fit for service, I guess I just want this more than any thing. Anyways, all I can do is hope for the best. Good luck to those in the process.

Hello,

What are the standards for blood pressure, heart rate, respiration rate etc. for the medical?

Thank you!

natalie722 said:
What are the standards for blood pressure, heart rate, respiration rate etc. for the medical?

Canadian Armed Forces Medical Standards (CFP 154)
http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-medical-occupations/index.page

Thank you, but I was wondering more in terms of numbers - i.e. heart rate must be between X and Y, BP must be between X and Y, resps must be between X and Y....

natalie722 said:
Hello,

Thank you!

You must have all three.

Seriously though, as long as you're not tachycardic, and have a reasonable blood pressure - typically less than 135/85, you should be good to go. That being said, there's no absolute standard, so everything is evaluated in context.

Honestly I wouldn't worry, chances are you'll have high bp just because your nervous about your bp. Theyll just keep taking readings until your in the normal range

Seanadams said:
Honestly I wouldn't worry, chances are you'll have high bp just because your nervous about your bp. Theyll just keep taking readings until your in the normal range

...or until there's brain matter leaking out of your ears.  They'll only take a few readings - if it's up, they'll likely refer you back to your doc for some proper serial follow ups to be sure.

MM

Back