• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical question regarding BMQ

travishv

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the process of applying to join CF however for 4 months now I have been experiencing chronic tendonitis in my wrist which was brought on by weightlifting.  It doesn't really effect by ability to use my wrist for the most part, in fact the only time that I feel discomfort is when my wrist is in an extended position and weight is applied (such as doing push up). Other then while in that position, I feel no pain or discomfort whatsoever. I am able to still also able to do pushups on my knuckles with no pain.
Now, I know that due to many factors at the moment the recruitment process could take some time to complete at this point, and within that time, it is very possible that the injury will heal. If it doesn't however, what options are available IF I even get accepted to start BMQ? Am I able to perform exercises like pushups in alternative positions such as on my knuckles?

Any information would be appreciated,

Thank you!

Go ahead.  Start the process.  Get treatment for your problem.  I would say that the chances are pretty good you will heal sufficiently before you actually get in.

Keep also in mind that push-ups appear in two places on BMQ: 

1) as part of the daily routine of punishment, punishment disguised as training, and physical training (PT); and

2) as part of the CF ExPres Test.

As part of the daily routine, the precise style of push-up is not that important.  You may be admonished or chastized for your form (and assigned additional push-ups), but you are not actually being assessed on your push-ups at this point.  This is the vast majority of the push-ups you will be doing.

It is only on the ExPres Test where your push-ups must conform to a specific form and be perfect.

If worse comes to worst, you will likely only have to truly worry about the ExPres Test.  If you can suffer through the required number of push-ups in the standard form in order to pass the test, then you shouldn't have any problems with all the other push-ups.

Frankly, I think your biggest concern should be any other things that your tendonitis may prevent you from doing.  Right now, you need to concentrate on healing.

Good luck.

Stacked said:

Ummm I broke my arm in three places just behind the wrist in a vehicle accident (coyote turret) in 05 The way it healed I can't bend it back all the way to do a proper push up, so I do them on my knuckles and none of the PSP staff have had a problem with it.

Tank Troll said:
Ummm I broke my arm in three places just behind the wrist in a vehicle accident (coyote turret) in 05 The way it healed I can't bend it back all the way to do a proper push up, so I do them on my knuckles and none of the PSP staff have had a problem with it.

The PSP staff here in Saint Jean are very, very tight ass about doing proper push-ups for BMQ recruits. I've seen W.O.'s bitch them out, and they just don't care. If you can't do the whole "by the book" push up then they won't count them.

the chive said:
The PSP staff here in Saint Jean are very, very tight *** about doing proper push-ups for BMQ recruits. I've seen W.O.'s ***** them out, and they just don't care. If you can't do the whole "by the book" push up then they won't count them.

Yes, but that's only for the ExPres Test.  The hundreds of other push-ups you will have to do on BMQ will not be observed by PSP staff.

Back