• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical exam repayment - CT/OT

TimBit

Inactive
Reaction score
Good morning and happy Canada Day  :moose: (so cool, I could not resist),
As part of my CT/OT I had to undergo an eye exam in a private medical clinic for a rather hefty sum. Since I am not with the CFRC nor with the CF H Svcs Center, I was wondering to whom I should submit my claim. Part of the exam was covered under provincial health care but certainly not the visual fields. Any ideas?

Cheers and happy Canada Day  :cdn: best country in the world (of course!)

TimBit said:
As part of my CT/OT I had to undergo an eye exam in a private medical clinic for a rather hefty sum. Since I am not with the CFRC nor with the CF H Svcs Center, I was wondering to whom I should submit my claim. Part of the exam was covered under provincial health care but certainly not the visual fields. Any ideas?

Perhaps you should ask the CF member/unit/agency/contractor who ordered you to have the examination done.

It may be a minor issue (one of my pet peeves of accuracy) but if the reason for initiating the examination was employment related, instead of in the course of normal investigation of a medical problem, then the cost can not be billed under any provincial health care plan.  The physician who conducted the exam may have billed a portion of the fees to the applicable provincial plan (some might do so as a 'kindly gesture') but, if he was aware that the sole reason for the examination was employment related then he has committed fraud.  If the examination was done at the behest of the CF and the service was related to health care of an entitled member, then a provincial plan is likewise not responsible for any of the cost.

Back