• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mechanical engineering degree, no prior military experience.

It's only October so you've got 10 months before you are going to be done school right? Any expectations you might have about lining up showing up at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School 1 week after convocation should go right out the window. Others have alluded to it but take a look around this forum if you don't believe me. Get a plan for something else you can do while your application is processed. In that time you can get a lot done physically and from an extra curricular standpoint. How about volunteering at a local food bank or at an organization that can give you some leadership experience such as a student association/ club at school. I know at my school there was a peer tutoring program. Maybe you could get involved in that?

Ideally, I'd be looking for additional experience that would not only help pad my application but would also help me develop professionally. Anything that gets you working with people, getting more fit physically or puts you in a position where you have to make decisions would be helpful.

Back