• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MASIS Roll out

MCG said:
MASIS, FMAS and DRMIS are the same program -> SAP.  In is a module based program that can be configured to customer requirements (ie. the military users don't have the modules for sales, but do have various fin & logistics modules).  If someone external to DND is using the same modules in their business, they could provide first hand comment on the capabilities of the program.

To that extent yes. How MASIS is working out in relation to, and in conjunction with, CFSS interfacing (which is the CFs Supply System after all) ~ not so much. There are some veeeerrrrry frustrated Sup techs (amongst other techs) out there right now trying to deal with SPSS and bench stocks.

ArmyVern said:
To that extent yes. How MASIS is working out in relation to, and in conjunction with, CFSS, not so much. There are some veeeerrrrry frustrated Sup techs out there right now trying to deal with SPSS and bench stocks.
I have heard from a few PGs doing the SM thing in Ottawa that the Navy did a much better implementation of MASIS and had enabled many more powerful features.  Have you heard any feedback from Sup Techs on either coast?  Do they see a difference in performance with uniquely Navy items or from within Maritime Command units?

MCG said:
I have heard from a few PGs doing the SM thing in Ottawa that the Navy did a much better implementation of MASIS and had enabled many more powerful features.  Have you heard any feedback from Sup Techs on either coast?  Do they see a difference in performance with uniquely Navy items or from within Maritime Command units?

There are problems with Army items that are relevant to the Army only and were brought up before the roll-out (actually brought up when the move of all to MASIS was first hinted at years ago). I've done WGs with Techs from the coasts and these issues were brought up there as well.

Manufacturer numbers affect each enviornment differently. Our Work Orders call up MASIS part number, but LFC has an exorbiant amount of manu numbers which can fall under different NSNs. As well, many manu #s can fall under a single NSN ... but not all are interchangeable and many are task-specific. So far, there is great room for error with the interaction of the two ... with a tech getting what he ordered by Manu # converting to a "subordinate" but 'not acceptable for task' stock number. Thus, it is directly impacting upon the end-user and their capabilities.

The sheer volume of eqpt types, vehicle types, spares, screws, nuts, bolts, plugs, gaskets etc etc etc that the Army deals with compared to other services is astounding. To convert each one of our manufacturer numbers to a specific NSN for MASIS link-over to CFSS would entail the introduction of many millions more new NSNs into the system. There's already a backlog in Ottawa whereby it takes a couple of months to get a single new number built in.

Another thing the Navy doesn't have issues with is to which account their parts are issued to. The ship doesn't deploy away from itself. Where as a Regt can have 2 maint cells operating in field and garrison at the same time.

Tango18A said:
Another thing the Navy doesn't have issues with is to which account their parts are issued to. The ship doesn't deploy away from itself. Where as a Regt can have 2 maint cells operating in field and garrison at the same time.
One of the benefits of input from non-DND users is that they may have insight into tools our features that we should have enabled on our product to better get things done.  How is the US military making SAP work?

http://www.sap.com/industries/defense-security/index.epx
http://www.sap.com/industries/defense-security/pdf/BWP_Defense_Security_Overview.pdf

Apologies for the mis-communication, Gents and Ladies. And before anyone nukes me from orbit about features and stuff, no i cannot fix your crackberry, I'm in config and pack. I'm one of the last people to see your BBerry before it heads out the door. Also just wishing things would either speed up with the CFRC, or we get a monster order. I hate sitting on my tukus.

Well I guess you won't be getting any orders from the UAE or Saudi Arabia any time soon.

Back