• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Manufacturing history, or did it really happen? The CBC Strikes Again ..

"Billary is actually relatively fiscally conservative."

Not wanting to hi-jack this poor thread any more than I already have, I just want to say that appearing to be fiscally conservative by hacking and slashing defense and security spending will not normally impress the people who admire fiscal conservatism.  My opinion, however, was regarding the statist attacks launched against his own socially conservative people at Waco, Ruby Ridge and so on.

Now back to our thread:  This Right vs Left spectrum and it's effect on the body politic of an Indie Quebec has not been lost on all proponents of a UDI.  At least one envisioned the splitting of the PQ - a fairly lefty org - into it's component parts as the left vs right reality re-invents itself in the context of a Republic of Quebec.  In effect, it's reason for existance no more, it will have rendered itself obsolete having accomplished it's mission.  Then their fun begins.

Tom

TCBF said:
"Billary is actually relatively fiscally conservative."

Not wanting to hi-jack this poor thread any more than I already have, I just want to say that appearing to be fiscally conservative by hacking and slashing defense and security spending will not normally impress the people who admire fiscal conservatism.  My opinion, however, was regarding the statist attacks launched against his own socially conservative people at Waco, Ruby Ridge and so on.

Neither Waco or Ruby Ridge were "statist attacks" as both had legal merit and were the fault of uncooperative citizens. As for fiscal conservatives not liking defense/security cuts, I agree - they have their own areas they like to cut which are no more or less justifiable. 

Now back to our thread:  This Right vs Left spectrum and it's effect on the body politic of an Indie Quebec has not been lost on all proponents of a UDI.  At least one envisioned the splitting of the PQ - a fairly lefty org - into it's component parts as the left vs right reality re-invents itself in the context of a Republic of Quebec.  In effect, it's reason for existance no more, it will have rendered itself obsolete having accomplished it's mission.  Then their fun begins.

Tom

I think the PQ and BQ would blend together in the wake of separation. There would be no shortage of issues to deal with and I'm sure both parties would have no shortage of things to keep them busy. I think you're right that the left/right split would factor more after an election, since all attention would be focused inward and the "enemy" no longer present.

Mr Majoor,

Your comments were entirely uncalled for and I demand a retraction of your negative statement directed against me. If you wish to criticize my remarks you are welcome to do so provided you at least exercise a nominal amount of respect for your counterparts.There is no evidence which indicates the possibility of massive social and fiscal collapse should the eventuality of some form of Quebec sovereignty or independence come to pass. I have asked you to provide said substantiation and you declined said request.

All indications are that should we (Canada) face UDI or sovereignty or cultural independence as promoted by the province of Quebec and its' proponents; Canada will respect the rule of law and we can reasonably assume that Quebec would reciprocate in kind. The Quebec question is profound and it has impacted the Canadian landscape quite heavily but there is no reason to assume that violence, of any form, would be employed.

My family history is deeply rooted within Quebec and as a staunch Federalist I would resent the occurence of sovereignty but on a personal level I would wholeheartedly accept the decision made within a legal framework by Quebeckers.

I will begrudge the point that the USA has long exercised its' will against other nations but I still maintain that it is irresponsible to claim there would be American intervention in the form of "exercised willpower". As I have previously stated the battle for Quebec's independence will be fought within the political arena.

Simply put, the level of debate expected within this forum is such that it behooves all of us to abide by the gold standard that has been set and in my personal opinion, fear mongering and baseless speculation need not apply. I have great respect for some of your commentary but not on this particular occasion.

Regards,

"Neither Waco or Ruby Ridge were "statist attacks" as both had legal merit and were the fault of uncooperative citizens."

- It is not against the law to be unco-operative.  Not a lot of people talk to the cops in Edmonton after a gang shooting, but we don't send in a sniper to shoot dead a mother as she is nursing her child (Ruby Ridge).

"I think the PQ and BQ would blend together in the wake of separation. There would be no shortage of issues to deal with and I'm sure both parties would have no shortage of things to keep them busy. I think you're right that the left/right split would factor more after an election, since all attention would be focused inward and the "enemy" no longer present."

I hadn't thought of that - the merging of BQ/PQ in the context of determining the economic and social structures of a new nation.  All with a budding civil war in their northern wilderness.  Quite the challenge.

Tom

TCBF said:
"Neither Waco or Ruby Ridge were "statist attacks" as both had legal merit and were the fault of uncooperative citizens."

- It is not against the law to be unco-operative.  Not a lot of people talk to the cops in Edmonton after a gang shooting, but we don't send in a sniper to shoot dead a mother as she is nursing her child (Ruby Ridge).

It's illegal to be non-cooperative when there's a summons out in your name for a court date on charges you're facing. As for the mother, that was unfortunate and the round wasn't aimed at her but at one of the armed boys/husband outside.

"I think the PQ and BQ would blend together in the wake of separation. There would be no shortage of issues to deal with and I'm sure both parties would have no shortage of things to keep them busy. I think you're right that the left/right split would factor more after an election, since all attention would be focused inward and the "enemy" no longer present."

I hadn't thought of that - the merging of BQ/PQ in the context of determining the economic and social structures of a new nation.  All with a budding civil war in their northern wilderness.  Quite the challenge.

Tom

That's if Quebec refuses to allow the Natives to remain in Canada. That would be an extremely bad move, regardless of how much they stood to lose in natural resources.

Back