• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

manual for c6&c9

uzi

Inactive
Reaction score
is there a place i can download manual for c6&c9 which explain how to set them apart and assemble them? 

Why? Didn't you get trained up on them?

Just curious.

Regards

Looks like someone wants to read up before going on course

I wouldn't worry about taking them apart its a very simple process IMHO.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/equipment/Contents/courses/weapons_package/Weapons_Aide_Memoire.html

Been studying this for about 9 months and it's a gold mine of info.  Highly recommend checking it out (Edited, didn't sound quite right, thanks for pointing out how it could be interpreted)

Frostnipped Elf said:
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/equipment/Contents/courses/weapons_package/Weapons_Aide_Memoire.html

I agree, great link to look at before or during BMQ/SQ/DP1, just don't show up thinking you know more about a c6 or c9 then your instructor....you don't.

That's something I'd never presume!  I'm sorry, I only meant it as something to familiarize yourself prior to BMQ so it's not all completely alien and strange when the time comes to do the job.

I intend on 'knowing nothing' until an instructor shows me what they want me to do precisely and in person, but at the same time... why wait to learn what I can beforehand?  I'm hoping this attitude won't backfire on me, learning is about the only addiction I really have.

Give an example: my profile pic is me behind a C6 at a PEI demonstration.  I took the opportunity to ask to learn the drills... they only hesitated a moment, I don't think they were expecting that.  They were very accomodating, and even gave me a longer link the second time I came around, hopefully they realized I wasn't going to hold the trigger in by that point as I'd been trying to snap off 3 round bursts.  That to me is my idea of fun.

Any other related and useful links would be greatly appreciated by myself and I'm sure others here  :warstory:

I guess I could sum it up simply:  Being good enough will never be good enough for me.

Trust me, while being keen and eager to learn is admirable, you will know these weapons inside and out very, very quickly. So relax.

be sure when you are being taught, you keep your hands off the weapon until the instructor says "Do this now"

think of it like simon says.

What is the obsession with todays recruits trying to get a "leg up" on training by reading weapons pams and the like? Don't panic or worry, you will be provided all the training and knowledge needed by your instructors. Nobody worried about this all those years ago when I joined. I had absolutely no idea what I had got myself into by joining the infantry and everything turned out okay. Just wait for your basic/course to start and pay attention.

Also remember that most if not all Canadian Forces Publications (i.e. Manuals) have the following warining on the front page.

WARNING
ALTHOUGH NOT CLASSIFIED, THIS PUBLICATION, OR ANY PART OF IT,
MAY BE EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE TO THE PUBLIC UNDER THE
ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT. ALL ELEMENTS OF INFORMATION
CONTAINED HEREIN MUST BE CLOSELY SCRUTINIZED TO ASCERTAIN
WHETHER OR NOT THE PUBLICATION OR ANY PART OF IT MAY BE
RELEASED

2 Cdo said:
What is the obsession with today's recruits trying to get a "leg up" on training by reading weapons pams and the like? Don't panic or worry, you will be provided all the training and knowledge needed by your instructors. Nobody worried about this all those years ago when I joined. I had absolutely no idea what I had got myself into by joining the infantry and everything turned out okay. Just wait for your basic/course to start and pay attention.

I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, though when they get their first weekly assessment and it's all below standard they start hyperventilating not realizing that assessments are broadly not cumulative and are graded against what the finished product should be, not how they are doing so far. A product of too much coddling in public school these days I suspect.

c_canuk said:
I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, though when they get their first weekly assessment and it's all below standard they start hyperventilating not realizing that assessments are broadly not cumulative and are graded against what the finished product should be, not how they are doing so far. A product of too much coddling in public school these days I suspect.

I suspect that bold statement might be the real problem, along with overly permissive parents who believe in rewarding little Billy/Susie for every little thing they do!

Back