• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Maj. Raymond Ruckpaul -August 29, 2007

Stand down, Ray....RIP brother.  :salute: 

We lost a good man.

G2G

*edited after friend's name was released*

CTV news is reporting that the CF have released the name of the individual.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070830/canadian_soldier_070830/20070830?hub=TopStories

Canadian Forces name soldier who died in Kabul
Updated Thu. Aug. 30 2007 11:46 AM ET

Canadian Press

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- The Canadian Forces have released the name of the soldier who died of a gunshot wound in Kabul on Wednesday.

Maj. Raymond Ruckpaul, 42, died after being found wounded in his room at the headquarters of the International Security Assistance Force in the Afghan capital.

ISAF and Canadian military officials are still investigating the case.

Military spokesman said earlier they had not ruled out suicide, homicide or accident as the cause of death.

Ruckpaul, the 70th Canadian soldier to die in Afghanistan since 2002, was an armoured officer based at the NATO Allied Land Component Command Headquarters in Heidelberg, Germany.

No hometown or other details have been released.

DND NEWS RELEASE

News Release
Name of Deceased Canadian Soldier Released
CEFCOM NR–07.038 - August 30, 2007

OTTAWA – The name of the Canadian soldier who lost his life on August 29 in Kabul, Afghanistan is as follows:

Major Raymond Ruckpaul, an armoured officer based at the NATO Allied Land Component Command Headquarters in Heidelberg, Germany who was serving in Kabul, Afghanistan with the International Security Assistance Force Headquarters (ISAF HQ).
Major Ruckpaul was found significantly injured within the confines of the ISAF HQ in Kabul and later died of his injuries. The matter is under investigation by ISAF authorities and the Canadian Forces National Investigation Service. 

RIP Sir...my condolences to his Regimental Family, family and loved ones.

:cdnsalute:

This sucks.  A young Captain Ruckpaul was a loaner officer to 4 CER from the 8CH(PL).  He was troop commander of the Armoured Engineer Troop in 41 Fd Sqn in Vukovar '92.  He showed a few Engineer officers that it was perfectly okay for them to help bust track on the heavies when required, and the troops all thought he was a great guy.....RIP Hulkster (inside joke).

Another fine man that will be missed by is family condolences to them and all the armoured corp family.

RIP soldier :salute:

He was the course officer in Gagetown circa 1990.  I was pretty shocked to hear it. Fond memories for sure.
I do belive he is the one that coined me as "Sleaze"

Terrible news.

Of course, I knew the Major, as did many in the Corps.

Godspeed, sir.

RIP, and be assured that you will not be forgotten.

He was in LFCA HQ for a while, too, for part of my time there.

Crap.

I met Maj Ruckpaul in Europe last year; good Man !!

Rest In Peace, Sir !!  :salute:
:cdn:

My condolences to his family and friends.

Ray was as fine a soldier as I have ever had the pleasure of working with.  What a loss.  Sad days.

RIP Brother.

Back