• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

M60E6

SOES_vet

Inactive
Reaction score
Apparently, our good friends in Denmark couldn't let this one fade off into the sunset. But hey! It has an ELCAN!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/03/12/danish-army-adopts-m60e6-7-62-gpmg/

I'm really hoping that the article is off and this isn't going to be used as a true GPMG. Anyone have any more info on this? I was quite surprised to see the M60 (so be it a much newer iteration) being used by a modern army.

A bit like buying a tricked up Martini-Henry when everyone else is going to the Lee-Enfield.

Put the heavy barrel on it and it should be fine for a GPMG, ROF is slow for my liking though.

The M60 is no more out-dated than our C7s. It's WW2 technology, updated, improved and modified over the years. it's come a long way, almost as far from the original M60 as our C7A2s and C8s are from 1960-circa AR-15s.

It's lighter than the MAG-58/C6 etc.

It's WAY MORE reliable.

Unlike the early M60's (which where plagued by farming out the TDP and having multiple sources build it) these guns run like sewing machines.

Back