• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LSVW what happened?

geo said:
Heh....
If you looked after your deuce & knew how to wind her up.... you would be amaazed at the speed you could get outa her..... however - trying to slow her down with those mud tires on a wet / slippery surface.... gives you some grey hair

Ah so thats where you got yours  ;D

geo said:
Heh....
If you looked after your deuce & knew how to wind her up.... you would be amaazed at the speed you could get outa her..... however - trying to slow her down with those mud tires on a wet / slippery surface.... gives you some grey hair

Add on a 105mm Howizter with no brakes and you will quickly find yourself doing 180 degree turn abouts in a intersection!!!!!

Remember going up the side of a hill in Yakima with 6 tons of ammo in the back of my deuce. The poor beast would reeve up and leap ahead a couple of feet and then repeat all the way up the hill, let it have a good rest to cool down afterwards. You had to respect those trucks for the beating they would take.

Skidding? Ohyeah.  The old joke goes:

Q: Do you know why they call them "non-directional tires?"
A: Because when you hit the brakes you skid in no particular direction...

I was coming down the ramp of a C-130 in a 74 Pattern Jeep  (M151A2) after a photo op courtesy of the loadmaster, and as I hit the brake to slow down, sure enough the jeep started going sideways on me down the Hercy-bird ramp.  Loadmaster was watching at the bottom in horror figuring he had front row seats to a train wreck, and the only thing he could thing to do was cross his arms in the "Stop" signal - like I hadn't already thought of that ::)  All turned out okay, but I figured out that a Hercules ramp wasn't the best place to discover one of your rear brakes was grabbing, especially with an audience.

AideMemoire said:
I was coming down the ramp of a C-130 in a 74 Pattern Jeep  (M151A2) after a photo op

I now remember it was actually a C-5 Galaxy, not a Herc.  This is what happens when you eat too many meals out of aluminum tins.

NcmArtillery said:
I beat up Kim Campbell's son in Grade 3  ;D

I think i speak for everyone in saying thank you for posting. We can sleep at night now, knowing this information. I havent slept in 16 months.

Thanks for your drive-by posting.....

free-fighting-smileys-569.gif

Back