• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal MP screws up.....well done Marlene!

Franko

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
Oh Geebus....will it ever end?  ::)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=573&e=4&u=/nm/20050311/od_nm/odd_canada_usa_dc

Smooth Talker Apologizes

OTTAWA (Reuters) - A Canadian member of Parliament charged with improving ties with the United States apologized on Thursday for saying "let's embarrass the hell out of the Americans in front of other countries."

The gaffe by Marlene Jennings came exactly two weeks after Canada's Liberal government irritated Washington by refusing to join the U.S. missile defense system.

Jennings -- the parliamentary secretary for Canada-U.S. relations -- reports directly to Prime Minister Paul Martin, who came to power in December 2003 saying he wanted better relations with Washington.

"I would apologize to the members in this House that my comments were a little bit exaggerated. I apologize," she told the House of Commons elected chamber of Parliament.

Jennings, who is herself half-American, accused the United States on Tuesday of refusing to adhere to trade treaties it had signed with Canada. One way to strike back, she suggested, was to shame Washington internationally.

"Let's embarrass the hell out of the Americans in front of other countries that they are attempting to negotiate with on new binational trade agreements ... let's just do it on the public scene," she told a parliamentary committee.

The opposition Conservative party, which says the Liberals have a history of needlessly antagonizing Washington, demanded that Martin fire Jennings for making her remarks at a time when the United States is blocking imports of live Canadian cattle.

"The Liberals have once again shown their anti-American bias ... This strategy is like poking someone in the eye and then asking them for a favor," Conservative legislator Diane Finley told Parliament.

Where do they find these people?  ::)

Regards

They do seem to have more that the fair share of these people in the party...........
Liberal Response:
Golden Parachute (Toss money at problem hope it goes away)
Censure: (slap on wrist, bad girl!)
Dismissal?: ( Appoint to Supreme Court/Gov General or Senate)

Alienated Westerner Response:
Golden Shower
Censure: (forced to eat Alberta Beef, and Live in an old growth Cedar home with Spotted owls for TP)
Dismissal: Revoke Canadian Citizenship and deport to the USA

*Note to prevent my early demise at the hands of an Albertan* ;D
Forced to eat Alberta Beef refers to the attitudes of the governing party, and the disability of seeing anything beyond the borders of Quebec or Ontario.

:cdn: :cdn: :cdn:

"forced to eat Alberta Beef"

"What exactly is that supposed to mean?"

Yeah, do tell, what IS that supposed to mean?

Tom

Jennings, who is herself half-American, accused the United States on Tuesday of refusing to adhere to trade treaties it had signed with Canada. One way to strike back, she suggested, was to shame Washington internationally.

"Let's embarrass the heck out of the Americans in front of other countries that they are attempting to negotiate with on new binational trade agreements ... let's just do it on the public scene," she told a parliamentary committee.

Well... she sure embarrassed me.....

lets get back at the Americans by.... telling on them!

She must be best friends with Carolyn Parish and Lloyd Axworthy

I feel especially proud...she's the MP from my riding...

Just how would dear little Marlene "embarrass" the US in front of other countries? Would she throw herself on the floor of the UN and have a temper tantrum? It's hard to believe that we actually elect these people to run our country.... no wonder we're so xxxxed up

the liberals are always screwing up. they need to learn when to keep there mouths shut.

Things are really getting out of hand with these moron Liberals. I feel embarresed to be Canadian sometimes when I hear about Carolyn Parrish, and now this hoolio Jennings. I live in Ontario, and people here seem to be rather idiotic when it comes to voting. The rest of Canada seems to vote Conservative(respectivley) while everyone here just holds their nose and votes Liberal! Why why why? I'm always asking. Maybe the US should come here and give us regime change, seems like we need liberation from an idiotic government just as much as Iraq. (I know, I'm exaggerating). I have a feeling, if this country was any less civilized, there would be a rebelion, to free us of our incompetant Liberal leaders.
Ugh, anyway, this frusterates me. Friggin Liberals...

Brando304 said:
Things are really getting out of hand with these moron Liberals. I feel embarresed to be Canadian sometimes when I hear about Carolyn Parrish, and now this hoolio Jennings. I live in Ontario, and people here seem to be rather idiotic when it comes to voting. The rest of Canada seems to vote Conservative.

Indeed - they can be quite idiotic - look at the Harris government. The rest of Canada doesn't vote Conservative - only Alberta had a majority of voters voting for the Conservatives.

Glorified Ape said:
Indeed - they can be quite idiotic - look at the Harris government. The rest of Canada doesn't vote Conservative - only Alberta had a majority of voters voting for the Conservatives.

I've never really been able to gather whether the Harris Government was a good mandate or a bad one.   It seems that half of Ontarians think he was like King Ralph and the other half hate him as much as Dalton McGuinty.

Whats the scoop?

PS: Don't feel bad about yourself, in BC, we put the NDP in power for a decade and they ran the province into the ground.

Quote,
I've never really been able to gather whether the Harris Government was a good mandate or a bad one.  It seems that half of Ontarians think he was like King Ralph and the other half hate him as much as Dalton McGuinty.
Whats the scoop?

..the problem was the Harris Torys had good ideas [even though I was adversly effected by some I still liked them] but they were the old Don Knotts "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight" when it came time for implementation. Some of the scenario's that came up out of the bad implementations, well a sane man couldn't have thought them up. :-X

Infanteer said:
I've never really been able to gather whether the Harris Government was a good mandate or a bad one.   It seems that half of Ontarians think he was like King Ralph and the other half hate him as much as Dalton McGuinty.

Whats the scoop?

PS: Don't feel bad about yourself, in BC, we put the NDP in power for a decade and they ran the province into the ground.

Well, I'm sure there are positive things that the Harris gov't achieved, I just can't think of any. They messed up the education system and healthcare pretty nicely.

Infanteer said:

Ran us into the ground? More like sank us faster than a British Sub
* No offence to my naval comrades*
also note that the Federal Liberal Party picked up the highest profile "failed" NDP premier and has made him the health minister.
It was his Government here in BC, that created the major problems with our health care system.

Back