• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Layton Says It's OK for Candidate to Holler @ CF Members

CDN Aviator said:
Snafu-Bar said:
We have nothing else to lose by going "green"

:rofl:

yup.gif
puke3.gif
puke2.gif
puke.gif

Here's a quote from their "Green Tax Shift"

Canadians can reduce the taxes they pay by switching to fuels that are less carbon intensive and by taking measures to increase energy efficiency in other areas.

Here's the translation.
Remember that $2 500 pellet stove you bought last year? Bad news, we don't like that dirty carbon filled smoke it makes, so you're going to have to spend a couple grand purchasing a new way to heat your home.

- You can't have oil, it's bad for the dirt if your tank springs a leak.
- You can't burn firewood, and if you just spend a couple thousands refitting your home to fit a fireplace, sorry.
- We don't like Nuclear, so you're not going to use it.

Here's the good news. After you spend a couple thousand dollars fitting your home with a solar panel, or windmill, your house will look badass, and if it's not cloudy outside, you can even watch the TV.

Say bye to that trip to St. Pierre, but don't feel bad, they're all heathen b*stards for driving gas guzzling, carbon spewing automobiles anyways."

Midget

News flash, the jobs are drying up already, the military up till a short time ago was in the same bottomless canoe and the Greens had no part in it. Harpers throwing mad money around to kiss ass back to the top of the pile before the fan gets pointed in a new direction and switched on.

If history tells us anything, it tells us our vote only changes the wrapper for the sh*t on a stick hidden underneath. Change the wrappers all you want the flavour is going to be the same.

The current leadership in ALL the parties are pretty much all the same, spouting the same rhetoric and saying anything people want to hear, but what happens when they actually HAVE to do something....the same that always gets done. LIE LIE LIE ad-nausium.

I'm just waiting for the first "i promise" pile of BS so i can officially throw up over the whole deal.

We need a fundamental change at the base of the skull upwards. I think we need to get away from the british system altogether and work on something that's not only "Canadian" but functional, effective and CURRENT. Archaic hand me down british politics isn't working for us, nor will it this election or the next.

Cheers.

Snafu-Bar said:
News flash, the jobs are drying up already, the military up till a short time ago was in the same bottomless canoe and the Greens had no part in it. Harpers throwing mad money around to kiss ass back to the top of the pile before the fan gets pointed in a new direction and switched on.

If history tells us anything, it tells us our vote only changes the wrapper for the sh*t on a stick hidden underneath. Change the wrappers all you want the flavour is going to be the same.

The current leadership in ALL the parties are pretty much all the same, spouting the same rhetoric and saying anything people want to hear, but what happens when they actually HAVE to do something....the same that always gets done. LIE LIE LIE ad-nausium.

I'm just waiting for the first "i promise" pile of BS so i can officially throw up over the whole deal.

We need a fundamental change at the base of the skull upwards. I think we need to get away from the british system altogether and work on something that's not only "Canadian" but functional, effective and CURRENT. Archaic hand me down british politics isn't working for us, nor will it this election or the next.

Cheers.

Snafu-Bar said:
Cheers.

So get involved and work towards changing it.

ohhhh snap bang crash, I go bazerk. I just got a call from Ontario...... but I live in BC and don't know anyone who would call me at 9pm (So, I didn't answer). And oh what do you know it was my ole buddy Jack. He sounded very nice on the recording left on the VM. But I wished I could Holler at some of his staff. Not that it would make anything better, but it make MY day that much better.

Some of those Green candidates are fine upstanding <a href="http://transmontanus.blogspot.com/2008/09/whats-with-these-crackpots-is-anti.html">citizens</a>...

:-X

I don't get what all of the fuss is about.

This article kept mentioning the Canadian Armed Forces. Who are they? Are they some Canadian Forces wannabes? Perhaps it's just the icing on the cake of how uninformed some of their comments are...

Snafu-Bar said:
blah.gif
......... I think we need to get away from the british system altogether and work on something that's not only "Canadian" but functional, effective and CURRENT. Archaic hand me down british politics isn't working for us, nor will it this election or the next.

I suppose you would recommend a Republic instead of our Constitutional Monarchy. 

You don't see the hypocrisy in that do you?

If anyone is in Halifax area on Saturday, thought you might like to see this... I imagine our local NDP candidates will be there in spades.... it's on Ms. Lorincz's website as well.

(from the HPC website)
RALLY TO SUPPORT THE WAR RESISTERS
SAT. SEPT. 13 AT NOON
SPRING GARDEN LIBRARY, HALIFAX
Join us for a Pan-Canadian Day of Action to Support the War Resisters on Saturday, September 13 at noon in front of the Spring Garden Library. Help us tell Stephen Harper: Don’t Deport the Hinzman Family! U.S. Iraq War resister Jeremy Hinzman and his wife and two children have been ordered to leave Canada by September 23rd. In spite of Hinzman’s four and a half years living, working and raising a family in Canada, the Harper government plans to deport him to the United States where he will likely face a court martial and a potential military jail sentence and felony conviction. This flies in the face of democracy and the will of Canadians: Parliament passed a motion in support of war resisters June 3rd, 82% of Canadians oppose the Iraq war (Strategic Counsel poll), and 64% of Canadians support war resisters (Angus Reid poll).

Only 13 days left till we get rid of this oxygen thief. I do feel for his kids though, getting moved around like that at the beck and call of any that will attempt to shield you from the laws of two countries....

As for yelling at CF members not being disrespectful, by a person that wants to represent this country.....I guess there goes the idea of listening to ALL their constituents....... I have a lot of time for Peter down in Lower Sackville, I feel kind of sorry for him that his party is so full of loonies (and not the good kind you can buy Timmies with). I've spoken with him on a number of occasions and while we certainly do not agree on many points (our world views do differ after all  ;D) he is at least realistic in his expectations of Canada's place in the world and inside our economic and strategic agreements. And, he seems to truly like us. Just my two cents worth of rambling I guess.

Wook

IMO Halifax West NDP candidate Tamara Lorincz has no place trying to represent any part of such a large military community. I just hope the voters see it the same way.  How can you represent people when you disagree with their life style.

toughenough said:
I don't get what all of the fuss is about.

This article kept mentioning the Canadian Armed Forces. Who are they? Are they some Canadian Forces wannabes? Perhaps it's just the icing on the cake of how uninformed some of their comments are...

Or maybe they read the National Defence Act.

I concur with Wook, Peter is a great guy to help out in MS.  When I heard he was NDP, I backed away but he's been real good for my folks down that way.  Too bad he is NDP.  As for Tamara Lorincz , how can she have that attitude and still live in Halifax!!!!!!!  ???
I think the large and strong navy presence will soon sort her out...umm, not to mention the Army and Airforce trades who support the Navy.  And the strong Reserve and Militia presence, most of them are University students who get to vote!. 
Colour you gone Tamara, tommorrow.
My $0.02
:army:

BYT Driver said:
.....  As for Tamara Lorincz , how can she have that attitude and still live in Halifax!!!!!!!   ???
I think the large and strong navy presence will soon sort her out...umm, not to mention the Army and Airforce trades who support the Navy.  And the strong Reserve and Militia presence, most of them are University students who get to vote!. 

If only it were true.  The only towns that I know of that strongly support their military presence are Calgary and Edmonton.  Every other major metroplitan area and small town that I can think of, seem to have large anti-military 'groups'.  Halifax is not an exception.

Yeah, it's not like IF the military pulls out of Halifax anyone is going to know about it!!??
I think the reason Ed and Cal have so much support is they seem to have stronger ties out west than the east.  Plus, Ed sees the lads come home under a flag, Halifax doesn't.  Over the years, there has been some bad blood {spilt} between the Navy and local lads, as with any military town. But I will give this, Hfx does do the Red Fridays...which my mom proudly attends!
:cdn:

George Wallace said:
If only it were true.  The only towns that I know of that strongly support their military presence are Calgary and Edmonton.  Every other major metroplitan area and small town that I can think of, seem to have large anti-military 'groups'.  Halifax is not an exception.

Kingston's not too bad, even with the university.  Look how many business bear the yellow ribbon downtown.

Shamrock said:
Kingston's not too bad, even with the university.  Look how many business bear the yellow ribbon downtown.

A complete turn around from the 1990's.  The Kingston Substandard was constantly publishing the ramblings of the wacko Anti-military and Radical Feminist crowds.  I must say though, the Editorial page and Letters to the Editor were funnier than the Comics section.

I say "coeur de guerre".. get Hiller out of TD office and into power.

Halifax, all in all, doesn't seem that bad, and considering the amount of university students kicking around (Dal, The Mount, MSVU) and colleges, you'd think there would be more...clashes.  I think the most 'vocal' group would be the Dal crew in the South End but...someone strategically located that Starbucks on Quinpool or they get caught on Skin Spring Garden Road or the Public Gardens being at one with Mother Earth (aka picking magic mushrooms).  Seriously though, its not as bad as I would have thought.  At the grocery store, its not uncommon to have someone say "thanks for what you do" and shake you hand if you are in your cammie-jammie's on the way home.

They are the odd members of the dope-smoking, hippy-friend-of-Jesus, urban-ninja-toga-wearing clan that like to throw paint on the old Sherman at the Armouries  and join the Ku-bay-Ah-My-Lord sing-alongs like the one coming up, who escape into the metro area and 'protest' but my personal feel is these people just need to belong to something, or they just don't get that freedom doesn't come in a can that you can open up.  Its nice to know there are people like that, who don't understand just what the Boogey-man really is, who need people to serve. 

There is even an urban legend about some protestors entering the Armouries one fine day, 'searching for the nuclear weapons' and acting like protestors do in some cases, much to the delight of some of the NCOs and a certain Unit Adjt at the time, IIRC.   ;D

The size of the groups that actually gather in support of these things, from what I've seen, could all fit into one bus.  If it makes them feel good, let 'er pound, I say.

Back