• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Knife Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
After doing a very quick search on Google the only soldiers knives that I can find that were thrown in World War 2 were British Commando's when ammo was low and stealth was needed on the battlefield.. When I was young and growing up in the UK I was told that this is how these weapons were used in World War 2.

Good for you.  Now more to the point -- you will not be issued this weapon for which you are looking, you won't be trained to throw it and -- chances are -- if you need to resort to throwing it -- you are as good as dead anyway.  I just hope you don't take too many people with you due to your inane obsession with throwing big knives.

You're weird.

~RoKo~ said:
I prefer to carry my Hattori Hanzo katana sword with me when I go into battle. I find it's really effective combined with my +2 berserker rage.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The information I have read from the Google search is bogus because it is from an unrelated website. Sorry.

>Hi I want to ask if I joined the Canadian Forces and was going to war can I be issued a knife?

You will be issued three "knives".  One will be a bayonet; it has its own carrier and will, in effect, be strapped to your backside.  One will be part of a knife/fork/spoon set; it too has its own carrier and will be strapped somewhere on your waistline.  One will be a utility knife, and will be strapped wherever you choose, provided you have the remaining strength to carry so much weight.

>I ask because I would want this knife to be very long and strapped to my back

If you need the comfort of something long strapped to your back, perhaps some other tool can be found.

>I want to throw the knife if I found myself in a situation that it could be used effectively against the enemy because British troops used their knives this way in World War 2.

For this to work, you will need to be fighting Stupid Inattentive German Sentries, which are very rare nowadays.

>What kind of knives would be recommended for this type of use?

I think you can still buy Stupid Inattentive German Sentry Combat Knives through the mail.  Failing that, stalk and kill Crocodile Dundee and take his knife.

Well, back to watching Gregory Peck or Anthony Quinn movies of that ilk.... ::)

I don't want to stalk and kill anyone to take their knife. I would be issued three already!

If you want a long knife to wear on your back, try the Zena the Warrior Princess model. Warning, the accessories will take some getting used to, espcially the two big, pointy things on the front of the tac vest.

Old Sweat said:
If you want a long knife to wear on your back, try the Zena the Warrior Princess model. Warning, the accessories will take some getting used to, espcially the two big, pointy things on the front of the tac vest.

Makes it hell for firing from the prone.

~RoKo~ said:
I prefer to carry my Hattori Hanzo katana sword with me when I go into battle. I find it's really effective combined with my +2 berserker rage.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CuttingOnions said:
My question is legitimet and not a joke to me because British soldiers used this technique and I want to have a knife and use it in the same way if I go to war.

You will not be a issued the "urban legendary" WWII throwing knife.
You will also not be issued the trench-fighter's knobkerrie (WWI).
Nor will you receive a 22" triangular bayonet (South African War).
I'm afraid we're also all out of halberds, pikes, lances, longbows and personal trebuchets.

If you train hard and do well, we may let you have a grenade or two, but sadly it won't be of the pineapple or jam tin varieties.
And perhaps a machine gun, but not a Vickers, Lewis or Gatling Gun.
And maybe we'll even let you fire an armoured fighting vehicle weapon system, but it won't be from the sponson of a Mark V.

Reading about past wars and weapons can be a wonderful way to explore the history of the profession of arms.  But we do try to employ the technology of the current era first.  Good luck with your knife throwing lessons, be sure to emphasize those on your interview.

Sir Mike.....

Shocked! Shocked am I that you state that the CF no longer issue such items?  I sure hope the CQ will take back my Gladius Hispana!

Alas! Thou art telling me mine armor is no longer proof against thy demon-weapons? Is a clean and blessed blade of forged steel no longer a knights best weapon of defense? Foresooth! A pox on thy man-u-factoried tools of hell-forged brimstone!

HAVE At THEE!!!

619_Black_Knight_1.jpg

Oh almost forgot - new 'knife smiley'?   
knife_smiley_small.gif

I can't believe I'm saying this, but, I'd like to be serious for a moment.  My Mum's brother spent almost 2 years in Burma side by side with the most feared knife fighting troops in the world....three guesses who they are.  He once asked if they ever threw their knives, and the answer went something like this: " A Gurkha throws his knife, maybe one dead Japanese.  A Gurkha keeps his knife, many dead Japanese.  A Gurkha would rather cut off a hand and throw it, than throw his knife."  I'm paraphrasing, of course, but the gist is there.  On another note, there are maybe a couple of hundred people on this planet who could throw a knife hard enough and accurately enough to kill someone, first time, every time.  Also, if you carry a big, badassed knife, people expect you to be able to use it well.

edited to correct typo

Old Sweat said:

LMAO ROTFL

HL

What a waste of bandwidth......but it's still entertaining.

Oooops spoke too soon.

*theme music from "Jaws" heard*

Regards

Like playing with big knives? You can have the machette, and clear the brush from my arcs on the deffensive. I'll even let you throw it, as long as there's no senior NCOs around ::)

You could always apply to the north west pony regiment.They ride around on emu's and are issued cadpat hockey helmets.They have turned in their katana's as part of the army re org and are training with mop's until deployed.

Upon deployment a arid a4c3 katana is issued.

suicide bomber 334 is also hiring,it has a slightly lower survival rate as the north west pony regiment(RC).

you can have this

PredatorMachette.jpg

But you can't throw it, you can only use it after you strip off your Vietnam era body armour, toss away your combo M-16/Remington 870 rifle-shotgun, and the cut yourself across your chest while you stare down your enemy.

Or hell, go to Thornhill, get Vladmir Vasiliev of the Russain Martial Arts School, to teach you how to throw a sharpened shovel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back