• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Kenosha Shooting - split from The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

Donald H said:
That is, being found not guilty of criminal charges and then the civil suit being successful against him?

It's not just Kyle to worry about.

Facebook Sued Over Kenosha Shootings Using 19th Century Law to Combat KKK
https://www.newsweek.com/facebook-lawsuit-kenosha-protest-kkk-1534003

mariomike said:

Thank you, and I'm aware of that.
As I hope you are aware by now, I'm concerned mostly with Canada more than America and hence the question. I'll leave it to anyone who knows the answer.

I think that there's always been a large difference that could be attributable to Canada's avoidance of lawsuits as opposed to what were seen as frivolous lawsuits in America. I wonder if we had laws that made it different?

And now in the last 30 years or so, Canadians are much more aware of the danger of being sued.

Donald H said:
Thank you, and I'm aware of that.
As I hope you are aware by now, I'm concerned mostly with Canada more than America and hence the question. I'll leave it to anyone who knows the answer.

I think that there's always been a large difference that could be attributable to Canada's avoidance of lawsuits as opposed to what were seen as frivolous lawsuits in America. I wonder if we had laws that made it different?

And now in the last 30 years or so, Canadians are much more aware of the danger of being sued.

Perhaps Canadian gun politics would be a good forum to ask?

mariomike said:

Quite a few people I know have had FB suspension for sharing the video made by Kyles defense team, seems FB has picked sides.

Colin P said:
Quite a few people I know have had FB suspension for sharing the video made by Kyles defense team, seems FB has picked sides.

Do you have a link for that video? Or has it already been posted on this site. FB's action would appear to be a good topic for discussion.

Colin P said:
, seems FB has picked sides.

Seems FB would prefer to avoid the expensive side of a Federal Civil Rights lawsuit.  :)

Facebook, Rittenhouse, former Kenosha Alderman Kevin Mathewson and Ryan Balch, a member of the far-right extremist group Boogaloo Bois, were also named as defendants. The Kenosha Guard, a militia group started by Mathewson, and the Boogaloo Bois are also being sued.

“It was only days after plaintiffs and protesters were forced to flee in terror and watch their friends and loved ones die that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg issued a public apology for what he called an ‘operational mistake,’” the suit states. “If we are to adopt the CEO’s highly sanitized phrase, this ‘mistake’ empowered right wing militias to inflict extreme violence and deprive Plaintiffs and protestors of their rights."

The suit contends, despite more than 400 warnings from the site’s users, Facebook allowed the Kenosha Guard and Boogaloo Bois to use the platform to organize their “defense” of Kenosha during the sometimes violent protests in the Wisconsin city in late August.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/9/23/21452846/facebook-negligence-kenosha-shootings-lawsuit-kyle-rittenhouse

Yes only Antifa and BLM are allowed to "organize" protests on social media. Such a suit opens open the possibility of all the people, municipalities and business organizations who's members have had their businesses destroyed by those groups to face similar suits. In fact I will not be surprised if such suit appear in response.

Interesting post on my friends page:

After watching the attack on the white Prius last night taken from a helicopter. And then seeing this review of the attacks, I am concerned that all this street violence is escalating.
Some poor schmuk is just trying to get clear of the protests and they use tactics like this to smash up his car and try to pull the occupants out of the car? To do what? ask them to "say her name"?
Quote -
"Especially between now and February, civil unrest must be considered when plotting travel routes. Unfortunately, Waze no longer shows terrorist activity as it did in its original iteration.
The Antifa/BLM/RevCom vehicle attack on the white Prius in LA exposed their QRF tactics: study them while you can.
ABR used three vehicles to chase the white Prius down and attack it after it escaped the mob. A pickup truck with ABRs in the back got ahead of the Prius and cut it off from the front.
A convertible followed, packed with more troops. Both of these vehicles had guys ready to leap out for a fight or attack. And they had a dirt bike on the side to pursue anybody running away on foot, or keep up the chase if the other vehicles were blocked.
ABR tactics must not be underestimated. This was an Antifa QRF: two fast “troop carriers” and a motorbike. Not random at all: this was a QRF in waiting, probably SOP for a standard ABR nighttime roadblocking mob.
Note the speed of the single motorbike, but numerous ABRs on mountain bikes arrive pretty fast too.
The black pickup / troop carrier was probably located as security on the forward end of the mob, because it was able to overtake the Prius very fast. The green convertible took a while to catch up, so it was probably on the back side of the mob, and had to get through “the comrades” before taking up the chase.
It’s important to note that on this date, ABR is using clubs and skateboards to smash vehicle windows. In a month or so, these can easily be replaced with pistols or other firearms as the SHTF escalation progresses. They could have easily shot the driver of the Prius. During a wide open SHTF / CW2, expect and plan for these ABR vehicle QRF tactics, but with the commies armed with guns instead of clubs."

If it's any consolation, Kyle's mom received a standing ovation at a Republican event,
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1280&bih=641&tbs=qdr%3Aw&sxsrf=ALeKk02R1AfLtMert8cP8fKaKp3VtxQOVw%3A1601234728388&ei=KOdwX7ObF6-l_QbazJzIDg&q=rittenhouse++%22standing+ovation%22&oq=rittenhouse++%22standing+ovation%22&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzoECCMQJzoNCC4QxwEQrwEQDRCTAjoECAAQDToGCAAQDRAeOggIABAIEA0QHjoFCAAQxAJQxJkBWPnFAWDdyQFoAHAAeACAAbABiAHsC5IBBDAuMTKYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6wAEB&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwizz7-ZiIrsAhWvUt8KHVomB-kQ4dUDCAw&uact=5#spf=1601234757918

Colin P said:
..............., but with the commies armed with guns instead of clubs."

Do you think that's going to happen Colin? Both sides carrying guns and using them? I think it's still under control enough until after the election has been decided. Or at least until there are enough indications that Trump, Barr, and their Scotus  have decided.

All the predictions of Trump being the winner on election night sound pretty reliable. Even the appearance of a landslide for Trump because of the mail-in situation.

And all the predictions of Biden being the eventual winner are less so reliable.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/9/23/21452846/facebook-negligence-kenosha-shootings-lawsuit-kyle-rittenhouse

How sad for America, as is depicted in this photo!

I would suggest that the most likely scenario is going to be Trump's team watching the electoral college probabilities very closely and then calling it just in time. A week?

Do current laws even allow that to happen or is it limited to just a few days because of the mechanics of the need for the electoral college to decide?

This all has a bearing on the predictions that the shooting is going to start in both directions.

Donald H said:
Do you think that's going to happen Colin? Both sides carrying guns and using them? I think it's still under control enough until after the election has been decided. Or at least until there are enough indications that Trump, Barr, and their Scotus  have decided.

You’re kidding, right?  You saw the weapons held by BLM protestors, and the shot(s) fires by someone other than Kyle Rittenhouse, right?

The ‘both sides carrying guns and using them’ train has already left the station, Donald H.

Good2Golf said:
You’re kidding, right?  You saw the weapons held by BLM protestors, and the shot(s) fires by someone other than Kyle Rettinger, right?

The ‘both sides carrying guns and using them’ train has already left the station, Donald H.

I suppose that's a pretty strong point you've made G2G. I would only say that the BLM side has kept it more covertly demonstrated. I'm envisioning both sides being as overt as that photo depicts.

We really haven't seen both sides in the same photo putting on a display of lethal threats yet. Or at least I haven't. If that happens then the bomb is going to go off!

Good2Golf said:
You’re kidding, right?  You saw the weapons held by BLM protestors, and the shot(s) fires by someone other than Kyle Rettinger, right?

Not to mention the guy apparently getting a blowjob on the street by another guy in the background of one of the photo's.

Donald H said:
...We really haven't seen both sides in the same photo putting on a display of lethal threats yet. Or at least I haven't. If that happens then the bomb is going to go off!

Ah, then you missed the photo of BLM paramedic Gaige Grosskreutz wielding a semi-automatic pistol at Kyle Rettinghouse then?  There are many pictures from several different angles out there...here is just one, if you were having difficulty finding any.

Attachments

• 94D6569B-954A-4E97-96FE-227A21BCADC1.jpeg
    94D6569B-954A-4E97-96FE-227A21BCADC1.jpeg
    804 KB · Views: 31
Colin P said:
Not to mention the guy apparently getting a blowjob on the street by another guy in the background of one of the photo's.

If it's on the internet it must be true! :)

Wait a minute.... this was posted to 4chan YEARS ago. Someone shooped in the blowjob into another pic and someone else commented "I RECOGNIZE THAT GAY BLOWJOB!" and the thread exploded.

Absolutely fantastic... and fake... but mostly fantastic.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtectAndServe/comments/ijr1w8/we_were_all_focus_on_kyle_rittenhouse_we_never/

mariomike I have a paramedic related question for you. How often in your career as a paramedic did you or your paramedic peers chase down shooting suspects who were armed with AR15 rifles? Or just carrying a gun in general.

Good2Golf said:
BLM paramedic

Paramedic? NREMT and Wisconsin EMS show nobody licenced as a Paramedic by that name.

More likely a volunteer first-aider.

Good2Golf said:
Ah, then you missed the photo of BLM paramedic Gaige Grosskreutz wielding a semi-automatic pistol at Kyle Rettinghouse then?  There are many pictures from several different angles out there...here is just one, if you were having difficulty finding any.

It doesn't seem to me to be on the same level G2G, but there's little doubt that I am biased. So the pic you show there is one that I vaguely remember seeing but didn't really understand what it suggested.

Frankly speaking, I think that Kyle picked up his gun and got dressed up for the occasion, then went out looking for somebody to shoot. And it scares the hell out of me to think that it could happen in Canada. Not for my own personal safety but for my wife, children, grand children, and soon to be great grand children.

And for my fellow Canadian peaceloving citizens too.

Jarnhamar said:
Or just carrying a gun in general.

I have read some Paramedics in the US carry on duty.

Does your wife, children and grand children usually attend violent protests full of people with criminal records Donald?

Donald H said:
It doesn't seem to me to be on the same level G2G, but there's little doubt that I am biased. So the pic you show there is one that I vaguely remember seeing but didn't really understand what it suggested.

Frankly speaking, I think that Kyle picked up his gun and got dressed up for the occasion, then went out looking for somebody to shoot. And it scares the hell out of me to think that it could happen in Canada. Not for my own personal safety but for my wife, children, grand children, and soon to be great grand children.

And for my fellow Canadian peaceloving citizens too.

How about you do a goggle search about this topic, the riots,  and read all you can from both sides. Look at all the videos, photos and commentary and make some informed comments?

Back