• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Justin Trudeau hints at boosting Canada’s military spending

There's a lot to like about the Nemo. Same as the Granatkastarpansarbandvagn (Grkpbv) 90. The latter can be loaded with the turret in any position (although it has an interesting loading mechanism in its own right). The Swedes seem to have cleaned up the 90's external loader with an internal one - which is nice. It beats the Stryker version, which is simpler, but needs to be open to fire.

🍻

As I said, packaging matters. You could modify the kicker pallet to be configured to accept compartmentalized versions of the above.

You'll never completely eliminate the need for someone to unpackage it at some point but the less time you waste doing things like above, the greater volume of mass/combat power you will be able to sustain.

The Americans are very good at this and it's their logistics excellence that truly makes them a capable Military Force.

How far forwards can CPR and Air Canada deliver?

All washrooms have been supplied at Carling. I’m mildly interested if they are replenished at a better schedule than the First Aid Boxes.
They are probably missing that little booklet where you are supposed to annotate when you take stuff out of them! If they had that people would tots fill it out and staff would tots read and refill them

In a strangely related nerd supply story, you know shit went down when a certain base ordered 100 of those booklets as a HPR (cause yea why not). We had fun guessing what went down!
:)

As far as I am concerned, all our logistics should be palletized and containerized. A standardized intermodal container is a proven method of doing this.

They come in many variations and one exists for all the applications above. All our trucks we buy should be capable of carrying or towing an intermodal container.

All of the parts we use should be standardized as well with simplicity and commonality being the primary concern. This greatly simplifies repair and maintenance. It also allows for the stockpile of large numbers of replacement parts.

The CAF is way behind the 8-Ball in this regard and our Armed Forces ways of satisfying its logistics requirements is positively archaic.

Another beautiful thing about palletized containers is they can all be tracked relatively simply with scanner tags on every single container. A truck picks up a container and when it leaves the depot, it is detected by a scanner that automatically updates a database so we know automatically, where and when containers are leaving and what our volume is. Individual shipments can also be tracked and prioritized accordingly using classification systems and modern technology like SAP based databases.
Hey wait a minute.... Simple and Logical solutions to complex problems are not tolerated. Complex and confusing solutions to simple problems is the current standard!

I used to work in a place where the AED was locked up most of the day; someone decided that keeping it safe from theft was more important than keeping it accessible in case of emergency.

Plot twist: a second AED was purchased for the place so it would always be available, by a different organization with a different budget.

I seem to recall one of McNab's books mentioning that soft bog roll was a selling feature for a quikie tour of Crossmaglen rather than the rough wax stuff in Tidworth.

I used to mail myself bog roll, and other toiletries, before a tour so I had my 'stash' for the duration and it didn't consume the limited space in my bergen and kit bag.

XMG was hard enough without extending that pain to the khazi ;)

I used to mail myself bog roll, and other toiletries, before a tour so I had my 'stash' for the duration and it didn't consume the limited space in my bergen and kit bag.

XMG was hard enough without extending that pain to the khazi ;)
Every time we deployed to Hohne, we brought our own cases of bog roll.

I wonder if everyone still packs a roll when going to the field. Important items for me used to be cigarettes, tp and rum, everything else were luxuries.

I wonder if everyone still packs a roll when going to the field. Important items for me used to be cigarettes, tp and rum, everything else were luxuries.
TP, cocomat, cot, fart sack, kero-sun heater, multiple 1.5kg bags of mini-Reese’s Pieces, reading lamp, barrack box as a night table, in-tent slippers, drying rack for clothes/boots, play station/X-box, rucksack and daypack for snacks on ops… ✅

TP and an outdoor French coffee Press ( and the coffee to go with). Yeah, I know 🤓

Back