• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

just found out about a trip

Little Shu

Inactive
Reaction score
hello fellow comrads  :army:
I'm new to this army lifestyle.
here's my situation
I just graduated BMQ on the 15th Dec. supposedly i start battleschool on Jan 7th in Edmonton.
I'm currently on vacation leave until then. I have my cf 100 for home. I'm on leave until the 7th.

Here's the prob. I just found out ill be getting a nice Christmas present which includes a week in Acapulco. which is sweet BUT
from what I've read is that i need to get a briefing / debriefing ? and fill out forms. Being the 23rd today is there still a chance i can do this ?
A fellow Pte. in BMQ asked about leaving the country during our leave and they told him they did not care, as long as they are @ there next posting on time.

So, to sum it all up. I understand i should inform someone where I'm going. but i have no idea who. I'm still very green  :-[
Who would i call ? the only # i have is from the recruiting center that dealt with me months ago.
I searched but could only find people that didnt already have there cf100s.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

You must have a contact number from St Jean.

Get in touch with the Duty NCO soonest and appraise them of your situation.

Barring that try the Crse WO or Officer.

I'm all out of ideas.....anyone else care to weigh in?

Regards

Did you get rallying orders, or a course pack, or a pile of papers with a list of things to bring and where to be and at what time?  If you did, chances are you should have some contact somewhere on those papers.  If not, try and find your BMQ section 2IC or even IC, or what Recce said.

So much depends on what unit you actually belong to at this point.  Follow RBD's advice and get in touch with the duty person asap.  The briefing/debriefing you mentioned pertains to travel to scheduled countries as published in security orders but I don't believe that Acapulco is one of them so that wouldn't apply.  You still need permission to leave the country for an extended period and a contact number while you are there. 

Mexico is not a scheduled country, therefore you do not need a briefing etc.  Your leave pass should reflect that you are out of the country along with a contact number.  Since it is already Christmas, try your contact number as suggested and appraise them of your situation.  They will advise you.

Back