• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just a tad apprehensive on this issue

si arn

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm off to CFB Borden for basic training in a matter of weeks, feeling good, feeling ready (as I can feel).  Anyway I'm currently in Bolton, ON in town for a wedding.  My uncle whom I'm staying with is VERY eager to drive a few miles up the road to the base to see what its like and such.  I don't really share the same desire as I'm just as content seeing it in a couple weeks, but ANYHOW, I understand we must pass through the entrance gate (my understanding) and something makes me feel a little wierd about this visit.

Basically I just don't want too seem like some nervous little gnat trying to scope it all out and ease my concerns.  Granted I'm a little nervous but mostly excited and eager to start up what I've been waiting so long for!  Anyway, please offer input if you have some!

If Im worrying over nothing, well let me hear it, I'm trying to prepare for being bluntly set-straight on a regular basis.

If you don't want to make the trip, then don't make the trip.  Tell your uncle this.

Believe me, it'll be a very different experience when you arrive for training anyway. Go on up and visit the Museum, which you may not have time for while you're there for training.

Michael O'Leary said:
Believe me, it'll be a very different experience when you arrive for training anyway. Go on up and visit the Museum, which you may not have time for while you're there for training.

Ahhhh a museum to visit!  All concerns relieved, that actually sounds like a great use of a couple hours.  Thanks for the replies!

Back